Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

F10 535i Msport Touring

Having been in an E39 530i Touring previously, this has been a long time coming. 

I’m trying to get my head around the Idrive. As well as the size of the car. It’s long! Ride is not bad on 19” RFT. Needs a Towbar and some tints and I think she’s good. :) 

2805796B-71DA-43B9-97DF-112775FBFF74.jpeg

A794AC9D-8C8A-42A5-8F47-58696C6E8E21.jpeg

• Like 5

so is  a 535i a turbo 3.0?Dont know anything about f10s some are coming up quite cheap now

Very nice and love the wagon, keen to hear how it goes and your thoughts on maintaining and efficiency , the Audi might transform into a 535 one day

30 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

so is  a 535i a turbo 3.0?Dont know anything about f10s some are coming up quite cheap now

Yes it is. N55 engine. Twin scroll turbo - goes well enough. I've just come from a Nissan Fuga 450GT - up top, the V8 is better, but at normal driving there is more surge and punch for cut and thrust driving. 

30 minutes ago, Breaker said:

Very nice and love the wagon, keen to hear how it goes and your thoughts on maintaining and efficiency , the Audi might transform into a 535 one day

On the drive from AKL to Whangarei, I managed 12.6km/L - about 7.9l/100kms via OBC. Average speed was 93km/h on the OBC. Haven't filled up yet and will report once I do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lidistick said:

On the drive from AKL to Whangarei, I managed 12.6km/L - about 7.9l/100kms via OBC. Average speed was 93km/h on the OBC. Haven't filled up yet and will report once I do. 

That’s pretty good, my OBC in the Audi tends to lie, tells me 12 runs at 16 ? 

trys to make me feel better. 

• Like 2

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 245/40/19 all round for $1600. Pretty sweet deal - Hyperdrive buy 3 free 1. 

Will post thoughts. These are non RFTs. I have a puncture goo thingy and a 2nd hand tire inflator for $15 (gotta love trademe!)

Exactly the car I want for my wife.  535i touring motorsport in white!

Nice car.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, Breaker said:

That’s pretty good, my OBC in the Audi tends to lie, tells me 12 runs at 16 ? 

trys to make me feel better. 

So I’ve done about 3500kms. 

Average consumption is 11.4L/100km. 

Long distance motorway running is spectacular. Consistently 8L/100km. Putting the hammer down however does make the fuel gauge move faster downwards! 

• Like 3

Thought I would chip in here.  We got our 535i Touring last week and took it away for the weekend.  We managed 800km to the tank and just over 8L/100km.  From West Auckland to Huntly it averaged 6.9 :o  These things are super frugal for what they are!  

Grunty enough but certainly not that quick.  Handling with the active steering is great and the ride superb.  On the whole it's a perfect family sport wagon.

• Like 3

those figures are not bad at all for a big 3L twin turbo wagon!!

amazing value those F10's nowadays

What is the going rate for a factory tow bar from BMW for this vehicle, I am also looking for one now and none have towbars.

thanks

2 hours ago, Ugan said:

What is the going rate for a factory tow bar from BMW for this vehicle, I am also looking for one now and none have towbars.

thanks

I got quoted over 3k from BMW for a towbar for my E61, so I assume these would be similar.

Thanks 

Full retail for a local fit removeable tow bar is $2,400 on a new vehicle, probably slightly more to be done as a Parts and Service bar, however, there are a number options on the electrical modules that can make a big difference in terms of the overall pricing and time required to fit.

NZ new vehicles were not supplied with the electric swing away towbars, but there might be a few UK or Japan imports starting to come through that are fitted with the bar from factory.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ugan said:

thanks

I have a brand new Westfalia towbar for F10/F11 (OEM option), removable tongue etc complete with a proper wiring kit. These are bolt-on and easy enough to install yourself. Was planning to install it on my 535i until it got written off. 

Definitely one of the nicer cars rolling around northland. Jap plate holders are my pet hate though... (OCD showing through)