Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo

AMG A45 project

9 posts in this topic

Spamming the BMW thread with yet another non-BMW project.

Not sure how much time I'm going to get in NZ for the next while to work on this, but got it parked up at least:

2014 AMG A45

50k's

rear C-pillar , hatch and suspension 'adjustment' by inattentive (drunk?) driver while parked...

The good, the bad and the ugly:

20180123_211639.jpg

20180123_211609.jpg

20180123_211557.jpg

20180123_211645.jpg

20180124_173506.jpg

20180124_173512.jpg

20180124_173525.jpg

20180124_173553.jpg

20180122_080131.jpg

20180122_080143.jpg

3 people like this

They're a good-looking car. I gather they handle well, too - I've not driven one.

these things are amazingly fun to blast around in!

Remind me of the previous gen sport model Toyota corollas with the 150kw engine, quite a fun little cars. 

Not the best looking Mercedes, but a farrr nicer car than the old fuddy duddy A160s and the like they used to make with the reliability of a rubber band. 

22 hours ago, gjm said:

They're a good-looking car. I gather they handle well, too - I've not driven one.

An excess of rear toe-in right now, so it drives but doesn't handle too well :) New suspension parts on the way!

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Michael. said:

Remind me of the previous gen sport model Toyota corollas with the 150kw engine, quite a fun little cars. 

Not the best looking Mercedes, but a farrr nicer car than the old fuddy duddy A160s and the like they used to make with the reliability of a rubber band. 

I agree they aren't the prettiest, it's not a shade on the CLS. But it is the Mercedes equivalent of a corolla as you say. Looking forward to the 400+ at the crank after tune :) and exhaust :)

I would say that this is the best hot hatch compared to others in it's class like the M135i, RS3, VW R etc.

They actually share some proportions with the WRX hatch backs of the previous generations,

Kinda butch looking pocket rockets.

Good luck with the repair! 

Interested to see how you get on.

I regularly did 200kph-ish on an A200 at the de-restricted parts of the autobahn.  Very good car, very easy to get to that speed and more importantly inspired confidence.  I imagine the AMG version is a lot more fun!  The only difference between the A200 and the M6 I also rented was the awesome HUD in the bimmer!