Sign in to follow this  
Gabe79

2003 E39 530i Touring

buy it, swap the msport parts onto it from the sedan then sell the sedan for 3-4k

It is my old one. Needs new trans fluid and the plastic heater return pipes at a minimum. If you swap your sedan for it I will drive up to Auckland and punch you... I know where you live :P

It begs the question of why it is being onsold so quickly... I assume it is a private seller who has just picked it up as a trade-in special?

Have never touched the brakes, the seller doesn't know what he is on about

Edited by Young Thrash Driver
Edit to add

6 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

It is my old one. Needs new trans fluid and the plastic heater return pipes at a minimum. If you swap your sedan for it I will drive up to Auckland and punch you... I know where you live :P

It begs the question of why it is being onsold so quickly... I assume it is a private seller who has just picked it up as a trade-in special?

Have never touched the brakes, the seller doesn't know what he is on about

Hmm, I have trans fluid in the garage... I've been itching to learn how to take off the intake manifold, so I could replace them return pipes (and the whole cooling system...) still sounds like a fun project. :) 

7 hours ago, qube said:

buy it, swap the msport parts onto it from the sedan then sell the sedan for 3-4k

What is there to even swap here? Bumpers? But then I might lose PDCs. Front bumper on mine has headlight washers (which I've removed the fuse for...) my suspension isn't original, so I can't swap out the Msport bits from there... feels like all that's left are headlights, and sway bar...

On 1/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, Gabe79 said:

What is there to even swap here? Bumpers? But then I might lose PDCs. Front bumper on mine has headlight washers (which I've removed the fuse for...) my suspension isn't original, so I can't swap out the Msport bits from there... feels like all that's left are headlights, and sway bar...

front and rear bumpers, msport seats, steering wheel, xenon headlights

2 hours ago, qube said:

front and rear bumpers, msport seats, steering wheel, xenon headlights

Seats! That did not even occur to me. Thank you!

On 1/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, Young Thrash Driver said:

So... Gabe, do you have something to tell us?

Not likely. A healthy chat with the wife made it clear I need to sell mine before I replace it with anything... I need to do some work on mine still, then I'll be comfortable posting it at a loss, to buy a more expensive car. :)

14 minutes ago, Bennyboy said:

Listing pulled by TM?

Oh, hadn't noticed that!