Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Gissa job!

Today is the first day of my 4th week. And I'm working from home - spreading cold germs around the office is frowned upon!

It's been quite tough... My boss - the GM of the council, so 2ic - has some strong preconceptions around what needs to happen and the outside agencies that will be used. She could be right, but I'm not being given time to investigate and check. It's all go, go, go. Fortunately some suppliers are being a touch lax about their delivery schedules which gives me a bit of breathing space, and she's on leave for a couple of weeks. I'm keen to make progress, but not having her looking for updates every five minutes is a relief. I'm new, she's ensuring I 'fit' the role I was recruited for - it'll all be fine.

In parallel, I've since been offered 3 roles - a BoP Strategic transformation role, IS Program Director in Palmy, and another in Wanganui! Where were these people when I was looking for so long???!!!

• Like 4

Back on the Gissa Job wagon again... this is like Groundhog Day.

Got a couple of contract extensions last year thru to the end of September which coincided with the discovery of a lump which turned out to be melanoma in lymph nodes... followed by successful surgery, then some radiation therapy... now pretty much recovered and back into the job hunt!

Time for a bit of a change me thinks... maybe go back to something permanent - anyways, let's see what comes up in Wellington (or Nelson...) in the next while - I've broadened the search to incorporate pretty much anything (within my rather broad set of skills and experiences of course lol) ?

• Like 2

I'm on the hunt too.  Primarily IT based.  But also relationship management.

However Wellington is a strange market.  Very much who you know.  And all the recruitment has turned on Lazy Mode and automated the first step of application viewing.

So if you are sending out applications make sure you include as many key words from their advertisement as you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Time for a bit of a change me thinks... maybe go back to something permanent - anyways, let's see what comes up in Wellington (or Nelson...) in the next while - I've broadened the search to incorporate pretty much anything (within my rather broad set of skills and experiences of course lol) ?

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

I'm on the hunt too.  Primarily IT based.  But also relationship management.

However Wellington is a strange market.  Very much who you know.  And all the recruitment has turned on Lazy Mode and automated the first step of application viewing.

So if you are sending out applications make sure you include as many key words from their advertisement as you can.

I know of an IT-based firm looking for a business consultant, based out of an office in Wellington. They have a gorgeous harbour view!

"This role will require you to be responsible for the business configuration aspects of software implementations, upgrades and ongoing support working alongside other consultants in the New Zealand Professional Services team. Key activities include; workshops, business analysis, prototyping, solution configuration, training and end user support."

PM if it might be of interest.

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1