Sign in to follow this  
allan

2016 330 edrive

Ive been looking at this myself also, seems like a genuine hybrid BMW alternative. Low l per 100ks if you can keep in EV distance to work and back, the range in EV is still limited but an attractive option with the Petrol, 8 Spd auto and overall pretty solid performance from the you tube reviews.

if you drive generically out of ev, overseas mph seems to be around 30mpg for the old school so you would want it to cover your commute or most of your daily driving I would think.

I watched a review of theX5 plugin the other day. They mentioned that all the battery packs in that car add an extra 250kgs to it and change the handling as they’re all in the boot. 

Still, if you’re like my car and it spends time each day trapped on the southern motorway in the evening these hybrids really start to make sense. 

I also feel that $50k for an ‘as new’ 2016 3 series is pretty good value. 

Great cars, electric range is good enough for daily commute, and eboost helps performance.

In terms of this particular car - import nearly out of factory warranty so would need comprehensive cover on it, lots to go wrong on a Phev. 20" rims on it look nice by 99.9% chance they are cheap Chinese copies. Check the charging cable is the correct plugs and not been bodged up to NZ plug. No leather trim, what else is missing to compare with NZ New spec levels?

Economy is very much dependent upon the distance you drive and the frequency. A short to medium commute to work and back, with the ability to re-charge during the day and you get fully electric, zero petrol use. if your usual trips are 230kms each way, then you are nearly fully petrol and the economy shows accordingly.

The claim of only 10 miles on fully electric is well off, with no adjustment to driving style you can get over that number, after a few weeks of adapting your style to suit then the figure is close to the 30miles at normal speeds.