Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

Must be some kind of record..... $100k+ e30 M3???

It's getting up there in terms of price for a non-limited edition E30 M3, but looks to be a very good, and sympathetic restoration. So, to the right buyer, with a little bit of negotiation that would be a reasonable buy in today's totally sky-high E30 M3 market.

However, whether Jonny 4 stars from CHCH is a serious bidder, and can affort to go through with his bid on TradeMe may be another completely seperate conversation. My instincts would say, probably not!

• Like 2

When you're buying a car like this the tyres are so inconsequential that it's not worth wasting any internet over.

• Like 5

whats wrong with the hankooks? they are not the lowest spec, its actually the Ventus V8 RS (H424)

Its not Michelin PS4 or Continental CPC5 but its definitely no linglong

• Like 2

This was my car, i restored it and i put the tyres on it and they are not $50.00 tyres. Ron, not all good tyres are the expensive items you appear to like, there are some excellent tyres out there for very reasonable money. The car was never going to be driven hard or for that matter on a race track. The new owner wanted something reasonable for sedate driving because the car was going to be a garage queen. Alas he sold it to this crowd who are just trying to make a large profit for nothing. If i had kept the car it would now be wearing Bridgestones. It's an ok car but it's not 105k, maybe $70 to $75k and i believe the current bid is BS. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ashmill said:

This was my car, i restored it.

Noooo Bruce, I didn't realise you sold it. You are being very modest in your description of the car, it was an absolute gem when you had finished the restoration.

Lets not go through another massive debate about tyres, save that for the wheels and tyres section please.

• Like 2

1) nice car, is an E30 but not an M3

2) nice car, not an E30 but is M3

3) nice car, not an E30 but is M3.

Equation is E30 + M3 = THE Holy Grail (for me anyways)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Equation is Sport Evo E30 + M3 = THE Holy Grail (for me anyways)

FTFY

• Like 1

True, I was being semi-realistic.

i might manage to scrape together enough pennies to buy a genuine E30 M3 one day, but I doubt I would ever get near to having the money for a Sport Evo. Would almost be too scared to drive it if I did!!

21 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Noooo Bruce, I didn't realise you sold it. You are being very modest in your description of the car, it was an absolute gem when you had finished the restoration.

Lets not go through another massive debate about tyres, save that for the wheels and tyres section please.

Yep it's gone Jon and you are being very kind. Shuey did more kms in it last year than i did. The M5 is a brilliant car and just right for my stage of life. It is carting four of us to Leadfoot this weekend, something i wouldn't consider in the M3.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, 3pedals said:

Nope but they are also nothing special - for a possible classic build project I am looking at these as they will at least enable using most  of the performance when it ocassinally goes out for a spin

classic sport 15 tyres.PNG

Classic sports tyre.PNG

what site is this from? In the market for some 205/55/15

On 2/1/2018 at 8:51 PM, ashmill said:

. The M5 is a brilliant car 

fixed Bruce!

• Like 1