Sign in to follow this  
warrenp

Anyone have a pulley (water) pump holder tool I can buy/borrow

I'm trying to get the fan clutch bolt loose and need to hold the water pump in place and I'm failing with using screwdrivers jammed between the bolts etc.  Anyone in Wairarapa or Upper Hutt have this tool I could borrow?

Cheap on ebay but will take weeks to get here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Iron-32mm-Fan-Clutch-Nut-Wrench-Water-Pump-Holder-Removal-Tool-Kit-For-BMW/332381663617?hash=item4d637db181:g:upIAAOSw6AlZvLq4

Ass u me it is on a M54 left hand thread remember.

Which means I turn it clockwise (top of spanner moving to the right) when facing the engine correct?  Just to be sure!

Correct. Have you got a long 32mm spanner? I give it wack with a wood mallet and that usually gets it. I have the tool but only used it once or twice for real bad cases. I could send it but they can be fabricated next to nothing

I was thinking of making the tool with a piece of metal and an anglegrinder and drill etc..  Is this how you would do it?  The hammer approach didn't work.   I think this nut has perhaps never been removed.

Sure to be schematics with measurements online somewhere, ive seen them posted over the years on various forums.

Thanks Jared.  I did it with an old handsaw.  It had a hole in about the right place at the end so I anglegrinded an indent to about the same shape as the OEM tool.  Worked like a charm.  If anyone in Wairarapa region needs it let me know.