Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Wairarapa recommendations

Hi all

I’m heading over to the Wairarapa with a friend this week. Does anyone have any recommendations for great driving roads?

cheers

Plenty of nice drives over the hill. If you're in Masterton, I like the dreyers rock loop - out through te oreore, north up whangaehu valley, over dreyers rock and back south through mauriceville and opaki. 

If you want to make a short day of it,over the hill, turn right just before featherston to go down the west side of Lake wairarapa,(ocean beach),over the east west access road(the turnoff is easy to miss) then onwards to lake ferry hotel for famous  fish and chips

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1

Try heading to Martinborough then out via Longbush road to Gladstone, then on to TeWhiti Rd and then turn off onto Masterton Stronvar Rd. When you get to Westmare road you can go north and head to Castlepoint or south and loop back to Gladstone and have lunch at the Gladstone pub. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barryn said:

Another great drive is out to Castlepoint & back

and Riversdale

Had a lot of fun doing the route Paul suggested. Need to clean part of a poor bird off the front of the M135i though :(

7 hours ago, deane30 said:

Had a lot of fun doing the route Paul suggested. Need to clean part of a poor bird off the front of the M135i though :(

you cant make an omlette without breaking some eggs!