Sign in to follow this  
warrenp

Anyone want a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth kit for e39? (or other)

I just pulled a Parrot CK3000 kit from my 2003 530i touring that I just purchased.  I can show you exactly which wires to connect it to if you have the same car.  Includes all the parts.  Main box, microphone, wiring, connector to where it wires up on the amp, little button piece that clips onto your dash.  I cut the wires in the middles to save pulling the car to bits to get them out so they would need to be soldered at the point I cut them.  $50 plus post sound fair?  Or make me an offer.  Going on trademe new from $175 to $249.

Sounds fair, should go good in the E38, same architecture for wiring. Lock me in. PM your details for payment, address is Auckland 

Hi Brent

I'll just post some pics of the wiring here so you can give me the all clear to cut the unit's wires that are piggybacking onto my my 'amp in' wires before I send it to you.  Which wires connect to which looks very complicated to me but maybe you know more about this than I do!  The unit seems to be getting power by the blue and red (red being connected to the amp) fused wires, with the blue one coming up from behind the CD stacker (I can trace that one back to see where it is coming from if you would like).  The unit sends its audio signal into the amp via jumping onto those other wires going into the amp.  If I can, I will cut the wires so you can see which colour wires they are piggybacking onto, but I also need enough wire to reconnect my original wires back into my amp.

If this looks too much of a nightmare, no worries if you'd rather not buy it!   Otherwise I will pm you my bank details for $60 including post.

Up to you!

DSC02720.JPG

DSC02721.JPG

DSC02722.JPG

DSC02723.JPG

DSC02724.JPG

DSC02725.JPG

DSC02726.JPG

I am labeling with sellotape each wire in the bunch of 8 in and 8 out with the dual colour code of each wire it piggybacks onto.  If your amp has the same coloured wires as mine this should make it fairly easy to install.

Perfect thanks Warren, I got your details on PM, will send through my delivery info

I've labeled the wires that go into the amp from the mute box, they are the same colour as the ones that attach to the cut off wires that originally go into the amp.   I should add, they didn't piggyback, they cut the wires and directed them to the mute box and then back out to the amp.

They are in pairs:

The unit's white and white/black stripe wires go to: yellow/red stripe and yellow/brown stripe

The unit's green and green/black stripe go to: yellow/purple stripe and yellow/gray stripe

The unit's purple and purple/black stripe go to: blue/purple stripe and blue/tan stripe

The unit's grey and grey/black stripe go to: turquoise/red stripe and turquoise/brown stripe

I've sellotaped the colour codes to the wires as well (the ones that go back into the amp).

Then the red fused wire to the unit (the mute box) piggybacks to the thick red/green wire going into the amp (same group plug as the other wires)

The black wire (with the metal crimp connection) going into the unit (mute box) piggybacks onto the thick brown wire going into the amp (in the same group plug again)

If you can't figure out where to connect the blue fused wire let me know and I will get in under the CD stacker and see what it connects to.

All the best for wiring it up!

Edited by warrenp
  • Like 2