Sign in to follow this  
Gabe79

Anyone living in Thames here?

We're looking to possibly migrate Thames-wards. Anyone living there willing to answer some questions for us? Thanks!

We spent a lot of time considering Thames as somewhere to live, but haven't moved there (or anywhere!)

Happy to try to answer questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gjm said:

We spent a lot of time considering Thames as somewhere to live, but haven't moved there (or anywhere!)

Happy to try to answer questions.

Thanks for that!

I'll drop you a message in the morning when I've formulated questions with my wife. :)

1 hour ago, kiwi535 said:

can be prone to some flooding

We noticed that. I have looked the various flood plain maps and the house we're looking at is not in any of the listed flood zones, and is on top of a hill. In theory, safe. :) (The ticket will be whether we can get flood insurance or not!)

Slight update here. We went to Thames this weekend. The house was nice, but needed a heck of a lot of renovations to make us happy... the town... let's just say my wife and I agree we're city people, and to whit, don't want to leave Stanmore Bay. :) 

We found Thames OK... Almost everything you need is there, although the only large supermarket is Pak'n'Save (if that sort of thing is important).

There's all the usual amenities - cinema, pubs/bars, restaurants, DIY, car parts... But it's not Auckland.

TBH, we found Thames too busy for us! But we're confirmed country folk these days.

• Like 1