Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

E36 front performance struts (sway bar link type)

Hi team,

My e36 coupe failed a WoF due to a leaking front strut. I currently have Sachs Sporting kit in the car with m3 evo sway bar and drop links.

Im after Bilstein, Sachs, Koni or simlair front struts or full suspension kit with the drop link mounts to replace my current setup with.

m3 evo struts would also do the job.

Thanks,

Niroy 

21 hours ago, 3pedals said:

Early E36 325, have the same pick up points as the M3 and Koni make a shock that fits these - they are better than the Sachs 

Thanks William.

Any recommendations on where to purchase Koni struts from? NZ or oversees (FCP,ECS etc)

Edited by BMRBOI

Demontweaks in Wales is the cheapest you will find anywhere.

• Like 1

yep Demontweaks is worth having a look at. Got a fantastic deal on a complete Bilstein set for E46 [nobody was cheaper even with shipping and taxes] And arrived in 5 days at my door .B)

I'm happy to have a look and see what I can do. I've had some success with buying suspension direct form Germany.

Your biggest issues are:

• Source taxation
  • Shipping costs
  • NZ (local) taxation

• Like 1

Graham will look after you.

Flick him a pm

Thanks all,

PM'd him. Ill let you know what I end up with.

Hi all,

Update:

I ended up purchasing a set of Vogtland suspension from Demontweeks. This is how the story unfolded..

• Asked Demontweeks for a kit suitable for sway bar on strut application and they told me which one to order and also indicated I had to order specific strut hats and washers;
  • Ordered kit and emailed them to confirm the right type will be sent and at the same time ordered support items from ECS Tuning;
  • Suspension kit received and you guessed it wrong kit sent;
  • After a series of emails and phone calls they stopped communication and refused to provide a solution to this issue. I started to process a cash back request from my bank to get my money from Demontweeks but decided I would loose out more as I already spent $300 odd with ECS Tuning in mounting items.

So.. the suspension kit will fit my E36 however I need to change the front sway bar links which defeats the purpose of why I purchased a new suspension kit in the first place. 

Pretty frustrating and the fact that Demontweeks will get away with stuffing up an order with no repercussions!

Anyway some photos to make this a happy post?

B352E6F4-5959-488C-AD51-662339FB2A12.jpeg

5970133B-6280-4463-A6E4-42F99B1BEE14.jpeg

F061E6E2-E141-4ACF-8BEB-A794144A98F0.jpeg

Do you have an email trail?

If you have proof in an email I would be contacting the boss at demontweeks.

I have found demontweeks good in the past.

10 hours ago, zero said:

Do you have an email trail?

If you have proof in an email I would be contacting the boss at demontweeks.

I have found demontweeks good in the past.

Yep have all the information and email trail. Even have the email which they say the wrong suspension kit was sent. I started running into a brick wall when they asked me to price shipping to send the item back and the cheapest price I could get was $400NZD. After that they didn't want a bar of me.

sorry, late to the party, but if it helps a subsequent member, I can do brand new Yellowspeed coilovers for $1400 4 corners. I run them in my E36 compact and now my E30 coupe. couldn't be happier. 

Edit: strut pickup of the sway bar on both, but can do control arm pickup if needed (default option)

Edited by _ethrty-Andy_