Sign in to follow this  
Wagon man

M sport bumper e46, not fitting to 318i?

Hello everyone, I recently bought a brand new m sport front bumper, listed as being sweet as for 2000 to 2005 e46 sedans and wagons. After opening it and removing my old bumper I quickly found that it's got almost no room for the front bash bar, and has no where for me to bolt the bash bar into. I've taken some photos, Ive pointed at the spots on the two bumpers as to where the original had the inserts and holes for the bash bar, compared to the new one which doesn't. I hope someone can tell me if I have purchased the wrong bumper, or I need a different bash bar, or I've missed something really obvious!

Many thanks!

IMG_20180218_165311.jpg

IMG_20180218_165302.jpg

IMG_20180218_164958.jpg

IMG_20180218_164952.jpg

IMG_20180218_164928.jpg

IMG_20180218_164921.jpg

IMG_20180218_164900.jpg

IMG_20180218_162917.jpg

Go speak to Kerry at Mosen Euro, I am sure he will be able to help you sort it out one way or another. He is at 10 Wickham St off Kahikatea Dr.

• Like 1

sedan has clip in moldings  like silver one , same moldings as std sedan bumper

coupe does not

like black one

coupe flairs out more at the guards.

both use the same bumper iron , but with different clips etc

12287963ab.jpg

IMG_8478.JPG

Edited by BM WORLD
  • Like 1

Oh I see that makes sense. Thanks a lot for your response, I'll get in contact with my seller and discuss this with him. Thanks again!

Just now, Wagon man said:

Oh I see that makes sense. Thanks a lot for your response, I'll get in contact with my seller and discuss this with him. Thanks again!

I have sedan mtec 1 and 2 options , new and used .

Was this an aftermarket bumper?

9 minutes ago, zero said:

Was this an aftermarket bumper?

yup I guess with those non bmw part numbers

• Like 1

Yes I believe it was. I am sorting it with the seller now, we think it may be a packaging problem. Thanks all for your help :)

Yeah man my supplier is replacing with the right one for the wagon. Should I close this somehow?

heck no get it all fitted up and take some pics along the way.

Sweet bro :) I'm engine and tranny swapping the car to an m54 engine and zf five speed too if you are keen for pics 

Have fun with the conversion been their did a N42 out M54B25 in. This was done on a e46 compact just do heaps of research. It is the little things that trip one up.

Oosh that's mean bro :) yeah I'm swapping the m43 with the auto out for a m54 3.0L zf 5 speed so should be a mint wagon after that :) parts are all coming in another car so hopefully goes all good! 

22 hours ago, Wagon man said:

...I'm engine and tranny swapping the car to an m54 engine and zf five speed too if you are keen for pics 

Yes, start a project thread, we're always keen for that shiz.

• Like 3

Not sure of the m43 set up but the n42 had the a/c on the other side so rewire was needed. A de-loom auto out  manual in, check wires for battery charge light to cluster,. Inter lock cable from ign switch to auto gear shift, what level of ews you have and are fitting.What remote access type do the vehicles have infered or radio. Thats about all that comes to mind bound to be more you may find along your journey best of luck with it.

Hey man cheers for the tips! I'm getting a whole donor car with all that stuff in it, so all the running gear will go out of one and into mine. However the harness I'm getting is for an auto but I think there's a wiring trick to that. Cheers. 

Are the vehicles NZ  ones or Japan imports? one of those differences is the ltr per /100 k gauge in the cluster. The Japanese one works right to left while the european one works the other way left to right. Only a little thing but can be annoying if not aware of it.