Sign in to follow this  
VHB

FS 1990 BMW 535i M Sport

IMG_2631.jpg.4b2b9b85cce49d7c653af01677d2a553.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg.abe859013d0567b871ed993605721d6f.jpg

5a8a51eb3096f_ScreenShot2018-02-19at5_19_10PM.png.c214080113e94318a6cb3dd69d1179ae.png

IMG_3063.jpg5a8a52518d24f_ScreenShot2018-02-19at5_19_24PM.png.7d873ad17d2f137bd4f3b62920b64f8e.png

I'm only the third owner of this beauty. And I'm trying to convince the 'wife' we should upgrade to an M3. So I'm kicking the process off by selling my well loved 1990 e34 BMW 535i M Sport. 

• 154,XXX miles (Approx. 247,XXX kms)
  • 3.5L  | Auto
  • Rego - 30/06/2018 
  • WoF - 04/2018

I would really love to see the car go to another BMW fan, so I thought I'd see if there is any interest here. 

The previous owner, who owned this car for almost 20 years had the following work completed:

• Engine M30 blueprinted to original spec at 145,000 miles
  • Engine reconditioned, All components from http://www.mahle.com/
  • Honed all cylinder
  • All new Gaskets and seals
  • Acid treatment and New heat treatment
  • NEW chain & pulley replaced
  • HPC coating (Engine cover, manifold, Oil filter housing, water-pump housing http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/Advanced...8/Default.aspx
  • Complete New hoses (cooling, power steering)
  • Complete New Bushes, rubbers
  • NEW Water Pump, New plugs
  • All consumables maintenance items
  • Transmission Serviced

Other features include

• Style 37 18" wheels with brand new tyres fitted in 2017 
  • Yellow french headlights
  • Brand new bluetooth / CD head unit
  • Factory BMW immobilizer and alarm
  • Hard wired for Valentine V1 Radar or other RJ45 powered Radars
  • Fully working Original OBC
  • 2 WAY Electric Sunroof
  • Original E34 535iS M Steering.
  • Original E34 535iS M Leather seats
  • 2 sets of Keys and alarm

All service history, receipts and document of import available

Bimmer.Work

• Vehicle Identification Number - WBAHD22070BF53264
  • Type - HD22
  • Model - 535i - EUR
  • Development Code - E34
  • Chassis - LIM
  • Steering - RL
  • Doors - 4
  • Engine - M30
  • Displacement - 3.50
  • Power - 155
  • Drivetrain - HECK
  • Transmission - AUT
  • Color - Brillantrot - 308
  • Upholstery - Schwarz Leder - 0203
  • Production Plant - DINGOLFING
  • Production Date - 1990-03-29

Options

• 200 Katalysator - Entfall
  • 209 Limited Slip Differential (25%)
  • 226 Sports Suspension Settings
  • 291 Bmw Lm Schmiederad/kreuzspeich
  • 335 M Technic Sportpaket
  • 354 Green Stripe Windscreen
  • 401 Sliding/vent Roof, Electric
  • 428 Warning Triangle
  • 481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
  • 498 Headrests In Rear, Mechanic. Adjustable
  • 500 Headlight Washer Sys/intensive Cleaning
  • 571 Boosted Power Supply
  • 708 M-sport Leather Steering Wheel II
  • 812 England Version
  • 850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export
  • 869 Radiovorbereitung Zg/zz
  • 925 Shipping Protection Package

Known issues

• Being a red car, the paint is a little faded in parts, though it is 30 years old
  • When you start the car it says "Low Washer Fluid", even though it's not low, at the last service I had them check it out, though couldn't solve the issue. 

Car is available for viewing in Petone, Wellington. Will get some more pictures up asap. 

$8,500 ono

Edited by VHB
  • Like 12

Nice to see this again. If i had the parts id buy it and manual covert it in a heartbeat.

If you want the washer warning gone just bridge the washer plug terminals with some wire, tape it up and tuck it away. Pointless warning anyway.

• Like 3

this is a ridiculously good deal at that price.

hopefully the right buyer comes along and picks this up. 

As said above, manual conversion in a heartbeat and you got yourself a damn nice E34

• Like 3

Hmmmm. It really is a beaut Dan and you've even put nicer wheels on it!

I do want to get a classic but I'd need to commit $$$ to storage with @Barrynas it just couldn't sit outside :| (especially with red paint) ….

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, TermiPeteNZ said:

Have you managed to sell it yet @VHB?

Not yet Pete - Though to be honest, apart from testing the waters here I haven't listed it anyway else yet because every-time I take her for a drive I completely fall in love all over again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VHB said:

Not yet Pete - Though to be honest, apart from testing the waters here I haven't listed it anyway else yet because every-time I take her for a drive I completely fall in love all over again. 

Thought that might be the case :D

On 19/02/2018 at 9:01 PM, Eagle said:

Nice to see this again. If i had the parts id buy it and manual covert it in a heartbeat.

If you want the washer warning gone just bridge the washer plug terminals with some wire, tape it up and tuck it away. Pointless warning anyway.

Can buy my HD12 Schnitzer. Its white with black leather. 

1 hour ago, swapsndeals said:

Can someone please explain to me this fascination with HD12 models. As far as I can tell from some research on real OEM is that it’s just the standard European RHD manual 535i.

Sorry I should have mentioned NZ New hd12 there is quite a bit of difference there. The NZ new came with all the options you could get basically without being an m5 e34

1 hour ago, eliongater said:

Can someone please explain to me this fascination with HD12 models. As far as I can tell from some research on real OEM is that it’s just the standard European RHD manual 535i.

HD12 is simply the model code for the vehicle. It is just used to designate various standard equipment for the vehicle, as there can be more than one "320i" model or "535i" model either in production at the same time (for different markets, etc) or within the same series designation. There is absolutely nothing "special" about a car being a "HD12" as opposed to a "HD11" LHD version or any other model code for a 535i. The differences between will be within the options added to the factory standard equipment to bring it up to NZ specification, which can be found on a VIN decoder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

HD12 is simply the model code for the vehicle. It is just used to designate various standard equipment for the vehicle, as there can be more than one "320i" model or "535i" model either in production at the same time (for different markets, etc) or within the same series designation. There is absolutely nothing "special" about a car being a "HD12" as opposed to a "HD11" LHD version or any other model code for a 535i. The differences between will be within the options added to the factory standard equipment to bring it up to NZ specification, which can be found on a VIN decoder.

you will find that the NZ HD12 is a poor mans e34 M5.They were manual, with a fullmtech spec,sports seats,body kit ,m tech suspension and LSDhd12.doc.I think all of them would have had metric wheels to begin with

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, swapsndeals said:

Not in the market for one atm but even the nice ones are usually lacking in one area or another

10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Not in the market for one atm but even the nice ones are usually lacking in one area or another

Yeah pretty hard to find nice ones, this One on trade me is pretty nice but appears to have had the sports seats swapped out for standard ones :huh:

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

The only area it might be lacking is the roof lining, I would swap it out for the black. Everything else is amazing really

16 hours ago, kiwi535 said:

you will find that the NZ HD12 is a poor mans e34 M5.They were manual, with a fullmtech spec,sports seats,body kit ,m tech suspension and LSDhd12.doc.I think all of them would have had metric wheels to begin with

Quite possibly if the NZ spec was to add all those options, the point I am trying to make is that the level of content in those cars is not linked to the "HD12" aspect, but the options added to get up to the NZ Spec levels.

Still a big difference between an M5 and a 535i, even with the M-Sport kit and some fruit added.

• Like 1

Also to note, not all NZ new HD12's came with m-sport extras. As mentioned before being HD12 only means that it's a RHD 535i manual in euro spec, anything else that was added is found on the build sheet. But with that said, most NZ new ones are very well spec'ed.  

On 4/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Quite possibly if the NZ spec was to add all those options, the point I am trying to make is that the level of content in those cars is not linked to the "HD12" aspect, but the options added to get up to the NZ Spec levels.

Still a big difference between an M5 and a 535i, even with the M-Sport kit and some fruit added.

yes but for us NZ ers the HD 12 and the spec of the car are one and the same.In 1990 nz was still recoc=vering from the financial crash of 1987 and an hd 12 was about 130 000 and an e34 M5 was rumored to be about 200 000......thats why the Hhd12 spec exists.They just couldnt expect to sell many M5s

See the post from TLH above yours.

I can't keep trying to explain it in different ways.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2018 at 2:09 PM, TLH said:

Also to note, not all NZ new HD12's came with m-sport extras. As mentioned before being HD12 only means that it's a RHD 535i manual in euro spec, anything else that was added is found on the build sheet. But with that said, most NZ new ones are very well spec'ed.  

Yip. Ive had a uk hd12 very plain no sports seats or body kit and Basically just means manual with lsd but can have as many extras as you like. The one I'm selling is not an m tech but acs with sports seats. Way better suspension than the sports model and probably a lot rarer body kit than  the mtec one on my other car. 

Edited by swapsndeals
  • Like 1