Sign in to follow this  
WillD

E92 M3 pre purchase *help*

G'day guys. Long time no poster here, after a long and succesful ownership of my e30 320i... I'm looking at a slight upgrade.

So there's an E92 M3 I'm looking at purchasing, which I'm very tempted by. Full NZ service history by BMW (no reciepts just the service book + stamps etc)... and boy is it tidy inside and out, + manual!

My car perfection brain keeps me up at night however, regarding the 'rod bearing issue' which has been covered to death on the internet I know. The current owner/seller has an oil report by 'Gough' from the last oil change, which I've looked over, I'm wondering if someone with some decent knowledge on this subject could give me some re reassurance with this oil report, as it looks good to me but I'm not particularly knowledgable on this subject. 

I understand that high Copper and Lead content is one to watch out for (the car is an '07 so not updated bearings). However the high Ti reading, as well as Molybdenum and Boron have me a little concerned. Or is the Mo and B readings probably from oil additives? 

Essentially I wouldn't mind some reassurance from someone here that general internals of the engine are in good enough nick, that I don't have to worry about changine bearings for at least the first year of ownership :)

FYI: The oil appears to have done roughly 7kms on this oil from the report and is the reccomended 10w-60 Castrol.

Any comments welcome.

Edit: also the car idled quitely, with no stand out ticking noise or abnormalities throughout the rev range

Will20180224_132616.thumb.jpg.ce806db3728d0ce72ca46359aadd4230.jpg

Edited by WillD
  • Like 1