Gabe79

Talk to me about the E65...

3 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Sharp looking car! No ISOFIX tho. #dadlife

Mine now doesn't have ISOFIX either. I don't mind anymore. I've learned to love Britax Clicksafe. It's ideal for those classic cars without ISOFIX in the back. :)

EDIT: Clicksafe also works around those obnoxious cars without ALR seatbets.

Edited by Gabe79

5 hours ago, treone said:

Nice! Trade the Leaf... ;)

Did you know Leafs appreciate in value right now? There is such demand for EVs in NZ, my Leaf today sells for $3k more than I paid for it a year ago... Plus, that is my wife's car. One guess as to which car would have to go... Plus, you drive the ugly thing now, shush about the Leaf! :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

Did you know Leafs appreciate in value right now? There is such demand for EVs in NZ, my Leaf today sells for $3k more than I paid for it a year ago... Plus, that is my wife's car. One guess as to which car would have to go... Plus, you drive the ugly thing now, shush about the Leaf! :)

OK its on! :D 

Did you know the three Holden's I now own are, and will be, appreciating faster (regardless of how ugly they are) than an EV? Did you know that one in particular has 'appreciated' by over 3x its purchase price in the 18 months and is not slowing down? And that's just one of them!

Not only that but...

How many times have you driven your - sorry your wife driven her - Leaf and other drivers pull along side, wind down their window and yell out things like - "Sweat ride!', 'Niiiiice!', 'sounds mean bro!', 'Is it for sale?!'"?

How many times do you - sorry, your wife - get approached by enthusiasts wanting to know more about your - sorry, her - Leaf? :D

I think we mutually agree that I drive an ugly thing. However, I'd never make my wife drive something fugly. Like a Leaf ;).

Some friendly advice - just buy what ever you feel like, e65, e39, Tesla, Prius or whatever (actually it really doesn't matter what you fancy), and your wife will drive it. Eventually. It is probably better than the alternative! :)

Of course this reply is totally in jest and no offence is intended! ;) ;) :D

• Like 2

In all seriousness now though. I think that 530i Touring would be a great alternative, and addition to your Leaf. 

You're already familiar with the e39 530i. You have the knowledge, experience and ability to work on these. And it is probably super practical for how you intend to use it. A bit like the reasons I got that ugly thing (sorry had to throw that one in lol).

Hence one of the reasons I'm keeping my Avalanche wagon - after four years nothing comes close to it for the purpose I need it for.

Hope it works out for you!

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

Just now, treone said:

In all seriousness now though. I think that 530i Touring would be a great alternative, and addition to your Leaf. 

You're already familiar with the e39 530i. You have the knowledge, experience and ability to work on these. And it is probably super practical for how you intend to use it. A bit like the reasons I got that ugly thing (sorry had to throw that one in lol).

Hope it works out for you!

I think the e39 Touring is precisely the larger car to partner with the Leaf. I agree entirely. I've got a lot going on right now with house selling/buying/getting screwed, and once that's over, I'll focus on this.

Just now, Gabe79 said:

...I've got a lot going on right now with house selling/buying/getting screwed, and once that's over, I'll focus on this.

Hope it all works out on all fronts. Was in a similar position last year with the house buying and not getting screwed thing. Believe me it will all fall into place and you will get a e39 touring. It just may take a little longer for the dust to settle!

The practicality of an E39 touring is amazing. We have owned both the sedan and the wagon and the wagon was in so many ways superior.

Its hard to find a nice E39 touring so makes sense to jump on it if you can find one that ticks as many boxes as possible.

• Like 1