Sign in to follow this  
dream///machine

Newbie from Welly saying hello - will post pics soon.

Hi all,

Just acquired a stock 1999 E36 318ti M-Sport as a DD for now, it runs well but I have interests to work on it further along the way... just in research phases as the moment and joining forums etc.

So far I've just done a restoration the foggy headlights, pulled apart, cleaned and reassembled - will add pics soon.

I have one Q thou, does Bimmersport NZ have a forum app or can someone recommend a good app for iPhone that allows you to add several forum accounts to it?

Cheers,

d///M

• Like 2

Howdy Seb and congrats on the new wheels :)

Believe there is an app but I haven't tried it ....

There's a good active community in Welly including a branch of the BMW Car Club - we have a few things on each month.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, ill try and find it on the App Store.

Nice to hear about the active community, is there a noticeboard somewhere for the monthly things?

2 minutes ago, dream///machine said:

Thanks Peter, ill try and find it on the App Store.

Nice to hear about the active community, is there a noticeboard somewhere for the monthly things?

Ignore my Q, just saw the Meetings Forum on main page ;) still navigating my way around and setting up prefs

Hiiiiiiii Seb,

welcome to Bimmersport.  Adding photos is a pain, I use flickr then copy the share link into the post.

Catch you at a meet soon.

A.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:31 PM, dream///machine said:

Ignore my Q, just saw the Meetings Forum on main page ;) still navigating my way around and setting up prefs

yes some are on there, but the BMWCCNZ only events are club members only, not on Bimmersport

4 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

yes some are on there, but the BMWCCNZ only events are club members only, not on Bimmersport

In reality hardly anything we do is exclusive - the more the merrier until numbers become a problem! :)

• Like 1

BTW we have Driver Training Day in Taupo this Saturday and Sunday the big car show in Hastings - Wheels on Windsor.

Welcome, Seb!  

Suggest you subscribe to the Wellington region room, that way you'll get info on all the meetups that are held pretty frequently in the wellington region, running the gamut from the BMW Car Club NZ - Wellington's regular monthly pub meet up night, to coffee meets, roadies, and overnighters.

Looking forward to seeing your Ti at a future meetup.

And of course:  PICS or it doesn't exist!  :D

Olaf

19 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

In reality hardly anything we do is exclusive - the more the merrier until numbers become a problem! :)

yeah, what Pete said :)    We do a lot of organising out of the club, stand up events, they have cover under the NZ Club mantle, and we extend to Bimmersport acknowledging it's one big community and not everyone joins the club.  As Pete indicates, we're an inclusive bunch and (fortunately) we're not yet faced with the challenge of events becoming 'too big', despite growing quickly.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 8:57 PM, adro said:

Hiiiiiiii Seb,

welcome to Bimmersport.  Adding photos is a pain, I use flickr then copy the share link into the post.

Catch you at a meet soon.

A.

Cheers Adrian! 

yeah I closed my Flickr years back, but will def look into reopening an account for stuff like this. I've noticed through other forums that some user 'DIY steps' which are supposed to have photos are instead replaced with a 'photobucket' ad, that states I need to login to photo bucket in order to view them. 

Will see how I go on the meets, working a lot of nights at the moment.. but yeah catch up soon I hope!

Seb

On 3/5/2018 at 9:03 PM, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Hi Andy, yeah I saw the link from Peter.. at this point it would be too early for me to commit to the costs of the BMWCCNZ.. the events in Taupo sound fun, but I simply would not have the time at this moment. Totally up for the casual hangs at this stage.

7 hours ago, Olaf said:

Welcome, Seb!  

Suggest you subscribe to the Wellington region room, that way you'll get info on all the meetups that are held pretty frequently in the wellington region, running the gamut from the BMW Car Club NZ - Wellington's regular monthly pub meet up night, to coffee meets, roadies, and overnighters.

Looking forward to seeing your Ti at a future meetup.

And of course:  PICS or it doesn't exist!  :D

Olaf

Thanks Olaf!

Went to the link and clicked 'follow' assuming that's how I subscribe to it.. I mainly work nights so here's hoping I can make it too some of them. Thanks, and yes pics will come soon... just need that day off to drive somewhere and park it up for a tasty shoot. Looking forward to the meets and the range of bimmers that come with.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:27 PM, TermiPeteNZ said:

BTW we have Driver Training Day in Taupo this Saturday and Sunday the big car show in Hastings - Wheels on Windsor.

Thanks for all the info and the warm welcome Peter, as much as I'd want to do a driver training day... dream///machine needs to undergo the usual health checks before any long trips, at this stage anyway

7 hours ago, Olaf said:

yeah, what Pete said :)    We do a lot of organising out of the club, stand up events, they have cover under the NZ Club mantle, and we extend to Bimmersport acknowledging it's one big community and not everyone joins the club.  As Pete indicates, we're an inclusive bunch and (fortunately) we're not yet faced with the challenge of events becoming 'too big', despite growing quickly.

Sounds good!

yep, you've got it mate.  just 'follow' should see you right.

+1 on Adro's recommendation of flickr; I've been using it since 2005, and the bonus these days is it's now free!

cheers

• Like 1

As promised... a few pics (apologies to attach, will open a Flickr soon)

Spent last couple of days doing the full detail, headlight refurb.. just exterior stuff for now as I have some work to do inside (roof lining) so figured I'd leave that cleaning till last. Until now I've never used a clay bar, and it was totally worth the purchase and patiencebmw_318ti_M-Sport_01.thumb.jpg.7d6ae96e7b8fd4784d29b3ac8f70fe86.jpgbmw_318ti_M-Sport_04.thumb.jpg.b7baac4dce0ebd2e59e9ca6c121178f0.jpgbmw_318ti_M-Sport_06.thumb.jpg.c04109a8556792b767ae8b3b0d8f4e52.jpgbmw_318ti_M-Sport_09.thumb.jpg.8a9d3753c144777936a8c4c1ef02d8dc.jpgbmw_318ti_M-Sport_12.thumb.jpg.8d31888a3c1f1ddbd4d1bf728381228e.jpg.

• Like 2

Great to meet you today Seb! Think we're accumulating a good supply of talented photographers :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Great to meet you today Seb! Think we're accumulating a good supply of talented photographers :) 

Likewise Pete! Monte Cervino keeps me busy at nights, great to have the chance to finally attend one of these meets.

10 hours ago, dream///machine said:

Likewise Pete! Monte Cervino keeps me busy at nights, great to have the chance to finally attend one of these meets.

Haven't heard of that restaurant before - gets fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor - may have to check it out! FYI, on the website, I couldn't see the address anywhere - might be useful to add it :D

• Thanks 1