Sign in to follow this  
qube

E34 Manual 535i

Looks very reasonable for the price (needs those photos). No doubt you could sink a few more grand into the probably worn suspension etc but it should be a nice example after that

Cloth seats (esp worn) and UK import don't do it for me personally.

Id say the odo reading is in miles not km's

seems you are correct about kms vs miles. but even at 230odd kms its not ridiculously high and we all know the big six engine is good for it.

seats can be easily changed (just a matter of being patient for leather ones to come up)

VINWBAHD12090BF01368

Type CodeHD12

E SeriesE34 ()

Series5

TypeLIM

Model535I (EUR)

SteeringRL

Doors4

EngineM30

Displacement3.50

Power155

DriveHECK

TransmissionMECH

ColourBRILLANTROT (308)

Upholstery(0279)

Prod. Date1990-04-19

Vehicle options

L812ANational version Great Britain

S200Awithout catalytic converter

S209ADifferential lock 25%

S226ASports suspension settings

S291ABMW LA wheel, cross spoke, 2-section

S335M TECHNIC SPORTPAKET

S401ALift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric

S428AWarning triangle and first aid kit

S481ASports seat

S498AHeadrests, rear, mechanically adjustable

S500AHeadlight wipe/wash/Intensive cleaning

S571AReinforced power supply

S708AM sports steering wheel leather

S850ADummy-SALAPA

S869ARadio, factory prep. for ZG/ZZ

S925ADummy-SALAPA

Still a very good buy even with over 230k km's, will be interesting to see the interior condition. A lot looks to be better condition than the other red 535i for sale at the same price.  

Yeah the mileage is nothing. Never owned a M30 under 300,000. Anything thing can be fixed for $, seats would set you back at least $500 + probably need recon of some sorts.

IMO E34's are good cars to sink money into as good ones are increasing value and are fairly cheap to get up standard.

Just now, Eagle said:

Yeah the mileage is nothing. Never owned a M30 under 300,000. Anything thing can be fixed for $, seats would set you back at least $500 + probably need recon of some sorts.

IMO E34's are good cars to sink money into as good ones are increasing value and are fairly cheap to get up standard.

Sports seats for $500+, wow I got a very good deal on mine then. Paid less than $300, one of the best things I have purchased for my car. 

Seems to be the average price asking price for respectable condition ones, usually includes the rears too and maybe door cards. 

BBS's on the car are in desperate of repair, i dont think ive seen wheel bolts that rusty.  

Was this the same e34 from the Welly meet circa 5 years ago? From memory, we met by Chocolate Fish Cafe, did a little drive around the bay and took some pics of the cars. If this is the same car, it was very nice in person...

I think I looked at buying this car before this guy.  Was nice back then.

Great cars.  Motors are cheap.  Check the sync-roes for 3rd gear.  Mine are average at high rpm.

He has added more photos now, definitely a bit rough around the edges but for the money still a good buy.

I recall this being for sale a few years ago. I think the owner also had a 1UZ 540i at the time.

Its good value, even with the cosmetic issues. Would tidy up well.

Faded paint, rust, keyed and failed clearcoat to me point to a full exterior respray. Add the the rims and interior restore its wouldn't be cheap unless you could do all or most of the work yourself. Then you got engine, suspension and transmission which will probably need some love it one way or another,

I like E34's but Id rather pay a few k more for a better one tbh  

• Like 1