Sign in to follow this  
dream///machine

WTB - (trying my luck) BMW original style 78 Wheels

Hi NZ, 

Looking to purchase 4x Style 78 wheels, and hopefully some that are in great condition and won't require additional work.

I don't know how rare these are but I have never seen them on anyones ride...yet. Which makes me want them even more.

Most online stores I've gazed at do have them, but sadly not the *exact setup I'm after:

(pasted from bmwstylewheels.com)

3er E36   Compact, M3  7,5x17 front ET 41 10,16
3er E36   Compact, M3  8,5x17 back ET 41 10,70

*Must be BMW original, I'm not interested in 3rd party copies that are of the 2/3 piece forged design with all the rivets, way too much unnecessary attention and cleaning for a wheel of this design.

Ideally I would like to try out the staggered setup, but open to standard 7,5's all round if that's all someone has and is willing to part with.

If you used to own a set, I'd be interested to know what tyre type and profile you ran on these.

Many thanks!

d///m

C8HImFN.jpg

in all my time looking at bmws and bmw wheels i dont think ive ever seen this set anywhere in NZ. not for sale nor on actual cars for sale, not on bmws seen around the streets.

you will have much better chance finding a nice set of BBS rx or similar i would say

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, qube said:

in all my time looking at bmws and bmw wheels i dont think ive ever seen this set anywhere in NZ. not for sale nor on actual cars for sale, not on bmws seen around the streets.

you will have much better chance finding a nice set of BBS rx or similar i would say

Thanks, yeah I've seen some cheaper aftermarket ones online.. weirdly with the rivets, I've always thought that forged wheels were more expensive. I'll take a look at BBS in the meantime