Sign in to follow this  
3pedals

Return of the invalid cart

Wife may have broken some bones in her foot so wearing a highly fashionable moon boot 2 pedal Saab to the rescue 

• Like 2

Lucky you kept it!

yeah but daughter is a bit grumpy because it was effectively her car to learn to drive in. 

3 hours ago, 3pedals said:

yeah but daughter is a bit grumpy because it was effectively her car to learn to drive in. 

Would have thought you would have her learning to drive a manual...^_^

• Like 1

She is, and she wants to because she does not like the lack  of control of the auto so  we have split the learning process into two key areas:

1. Roadspace awareness - that is:  lane  positioning, intersections,  following distances, watching out for all the imbeciles who are not paying attention/ texting or are just incompetent or ferkin stupid etc.- in the Saab 
  2. Car control skills - that is: turning, sliding,  positioning, braking etc. away from the imbeciles in a variety of manuals including RWD's & 4WD's  

When she has them all mastered then we can pull them together and she will have a decent toolbox of skills to draw on. 

Edited by 3pedals
  • Like 2

excellent, what a well-structured approach to teaching driving.  I've been saying - since before I got my license more than 30 years ago - that driver training in NZ should include compulsory time on a skid pan with an instructor.   Appears you're giving her the next best thing.