Sign in to follow this  
limepanda

New to Forum but not BMW

Hi all, 

Finally decided to join here after utilizing this forum many times over the last few years.

My previous car was an E46 318i and I've had a fair bit of experience with other BMW's via family and friends which include an E36 320i, E36/7 Z3, and an E66 745Li. My current ride is a semi-recently acquired 2008 335i M-Sport in Sapphire Black.

I have a list of things I'm wanting to do to it so no doubt I will be on here a bit haha.

335i.thumb.jpg.2e2e9df189933ee7c493ed7ea1ea2010.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

Nice wheels (and car too!)

Haha, thanks. Honestly I think I'd like to swap to some 17"s or similar and get away from low profiles and runflats, driving over some of the slightly sunken bridges around the place is just about enough to break a back! It would be a bit of a sacrifice in looks and handling but I think it might be worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, limepanda said:

Haha, thanks. Honestly I think I'd like to swap to some 17"s or similar and get away from low profiles and runflats, driving over some of the slightly sunken bridges around the place is just about enough to break a back! It would be a bit of a sacrifice in looks and handling but I think it might be worth it.

Yep - the Motorsport ride is firm enough on Style 194 17s :) But the 18s look great I agree.

Nice car indeed  - Motorsport, leather interior and 335i performance-  pretty hard to beat for an E90.

• Like 1

I do agree with the decision to go for 17 or 18s. Those Style 225 19" wheels are very easy to crack when accidentally going over potholes or bumps. I wouldnt be surprised if you find a small hairline crack or two inside if you ever take it off. Its really really common on that style.

Some 18's would be much better if you want performance/comfort and looks otherwise go for the style 194 17s which are the best ride quality wise (and cheaper tyres)

• Like 2

Hey love your car dude, MSports are really nice!  kinda agree the rims and run flats aren't that forgiving on the back over rougher roads! 

Hi limepanda I see you mention some experience with Z3’s, have you ever had to remove the rear storage boxes? I need to replace my seatbelt webbing and getting to the tensioners is complicated. The centre console has to be loosened and raised to get to some screws at the rear. I can get it loose but can’t seem to disengage where the audio head unit is. US forums give advice but so far Ive found it to be inaccurate. Any tips appreciated.

• Like 1