Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

Overseas parts order

Is anyone ordering from the likes on Turner Motorsport, ECS tuning, UUC or Pelican Parts in the next week or so? Just after a single $25 clutch line, and shipping is $50+. Not too keen to get ripped off. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, _BRS_ said:

Is anyone ordering from the likes on Turner Motorsport, ECS tuning, UUC or Pelican Parts in the next week or so? Just after a single $25 clutch line, and shipping is $50+. Not too keen to get ripped off. 

Cheers

Link part from FCP Euro? I am always looking for an excuse to order more parts. :)

I am planning a big order from FCP if you want to chuck it in together. PM me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

I've used these guys a lot over the last 10ish years now...

https://comgateway.com

Interesting!  60 days free storage is double what I get from MyUS.com as a premium member.  MyUS gives me a choice of 4 carriers, 5 services, so I can pick my rates.  

I've weaned myself off US purchases currently; may give comgateway a go in future.

I get 2 day US shipping free from FCP as a priority customer, and combined with 4 days on FedEx and sharp rates it's often better for me than UPS to Wellington from FCP.

That said, I need a sunroof seal and rear window trims/seals... next order most likely plain vanilla UPS from FCP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olaf said:

Interesting!  60 days free storage is double what I get from MyUS.com as a premium member.  MyUS gives me a choice of 4 carriers, 5 services, so I can pick my rates.  

I've weaned myself off US purchases currently; may give comgateway a go in future.

I get 2 day US shipping free from FCP as a priority customer, and combined with 4 days on FedEx and sharp rates it's often better for me than UPS to Wellington from FCP.

That said, I need a sunroof seal and rear window trims/seals... next order most likely plain vanilla UPS from FCP.

Yeah, the comgateway folks are pretty good. I've used them since we lived in Singapore, they're all over and very good.

I do admit I also get FCP to ship to me direct though.

How did you get priority customer status!?

3 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

How did you get priority customer status!?

This.

• Like 1

essentially, by spending a shitload of cash with them, every year, for many years, to keep a scandi and a german on the road.

EDIT:  mind you, it might be like fight club, and now I've spoken about it...

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cammsport said:

Anyone in the process of making an order from Pelican? Maxed my cart out ($59 tax) and need just a couple small things...

2x LSD Discs & 2x Spark Plugs

Much appreciated! 

Have you tried comparing prices with schmeidmann.com? 

I find they are cheapest 90% of the time. FCPeuro is usually second cheapest.

Found your plugs for cheaper at fcp https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-spark-plug-fr7npp332-1

Maybe try comparing whole carts and you might get lucky

Edited by zero
added link
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, zero said:

Have you tried comparing prices with schmeidmann.com? 

I find they are cheapest 90% of the time. FCPeuro is usually second cheapest.

Found your plugs for cheaper at fcp https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-spark-plug-fr7npp332-1

Maybe try comparing whole carts and you might get lucky

Well i'll be damned... looks like its ~$75NZD cheaper AND i can get everything i need (apart from the Porsche diff washers :wacko:) AND saving heaps on import charges :wub:

Thanks heaps for that Zero.

• Like 1

FCPEuro is the best site. Nevermind all that Schmiedmann rubbish.

21 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

FCPEuro is the best site. Nevermind all that Schmiedmann rubbish.

Both have pros and cons.

FCP has the best warranty - even on wear items.

Schmiedmann usually is a little cheaper, and has cheaper shipping.

Just now, zero said:

Both have pros and cons.

FCP has the best warranty - even on wear items.

Schmiedmann usually is a little cheaper, and has cheaper shipping.

Well, my post was half tongue-in-cheek. Note that FCPEuro's shipping... it's not that it is negotiable, but if the price seems weird, email them and they can often make the shipping costs nicer. Plus that warranty... 

Schmiedmann wont discount shipping but will discount the cart if you ask.

But there is no beating that fcpeuro warranty.

I will be buying my brake rotors from them for free lifetime replacements

14 minutes ago, zero said:

Schmiedmann wont discount shipping but will discount the cart if you ask.

But there is no beating that fcpeuro warranty.

I will be buying my brake rotors from them for free lifetime replacements

I plan on doing brakes whenever my parents come from the US again. Shipping on rotors is killer though. It's almost like buying new each time on shipping alone (and we'll get taxed on that, so it'll really hurt)

9 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

I plan on doing brakes whenever my parents come from the US again. Shipping on rotors is killer though. It's almost like buying new each time on shipping alone (and we'll get taxed on that, so it'll really hurt)

Brakes are a problem, and NZ retailers know it, marking up accordingly.
Find a 'tame' seller in the US and they can be shipped in a flat rate box, but FCP and the other suppliers don't use that method.

Micks garage again... shipping to NZ is just under NZ$40 :-)

4 Mintex discs for the E39 were NZ$210 SHIPPED B)

wait for a 17%, 20% or 25% off voucher if you can :-)

55 minutes ago, Allanw said:

Micks garage again... shipping to NZ is just under NZ$40 :-)

4 Mintex discs for the E39 were NZ$210 SHIPPED B)

wait for a 17%, 20% or 25% off voucher if you can :-)

WTF. Link?

I’d forgotten about Mick’s garage. Used them before and found them good, even if their website was a pain to use

Dont forget ECS Tuning, found them way better than Schmeidman, quicker shipping and usually cheaper. Customer service is kick ass as well.

Edited by Jacko

On 4/1/2018 at 9:41 PM, Gabe79 said:

WTF. Link?

https://www.micksgarage.com/

Mine were NZ$210.63, but today, with NO voucher, they're NZ$313.12 shipped, for all 4. (so includes NZ$39.46 shipping currently). with a 25% voucher, it'd be down to NZ$244.71 shipped.

Sometimes the parts are discounted as well as being able to use the voucher too.

There is a current 10% Easter voucher I think, but I've ordered for a mate a few weeks back with a 17% voucher (st paddys day) and previous occasions with a 20 and a 25% voucher.

One of those times, I got 2x PAIRS (4 bars) of roof racks, for NZ$243 shipped :-)

Edited by Allanw
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Allanw said:

https://www.micksgarage.com/

Mine were NZ$210.63, but today, with NO voucher, they're NZ$313.12 shipped, for all 4. (so includes NZ$39.46 shipping currently). with a 25% voucher, it'd be down to NZ$244.71 shipped.

Sometimes the parts are discounted as well as being able to use the voucher too.

There is a current 10% Easter voucher I think, but I've ordered for a mate a few weeks back with a 17% voucher (st paddys day) and previous occasions with a 20 and a 25% voucher.

One of those times, I got 2x PAIRS (4 bars) of roof racks, for NZ$243 shipped :-)

How do you get the vouchers? Sign up for their newsletter? This makes me want to do my brakes sooner, rather than later!

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. It happens without effort sometimes... Thank you so much for that link!

Edited by Gabe79
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gabe79 said:

How do you get the vouchers? Sign up for their newsletter? This makes me want to do my brakes sooner, rather than later!

+1