Sign in to follow this  
paulo

e46 M3 brake rotors

Hi there,

Just checking to see if anyone knows of a NZ Based supplier of OEM / Genuine brake rotors for e46 M3 at a reasonable price?

Or anyone that happens to have a pair or a full set of new / near new rotors?

I need the fronts and rears. 

I've looked at purchasing ex USA, but the freight is a killer, even using the likes of NZ Post YouShop (weight would be about 35kg)

Cheers

Paul

Have you got a quote from a BMW dealership locally?

I thought they were priced reasonably when I had my front rotors and pads replaced 2.5 years ago by Auckland City BMW (I appreciate prices may have shot up since this time).

One NZ firm that might help but at a price.

https://www.nzad.co.nz/vehicle/bmw-3-series-e46-incl-compact-coupe-touring-cabriolet-0292-m3-x-drilled-32ltr-rear-rotors-06

As you mentioned freight is a killer but even so at these prices still got to be worth a look.pelican USA

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/PEL_search_2016.cgi?command=DWsearch&description=34112282801

This one has the BMW genuine at good price

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/pel_search_2016.cgi?command=DWsearch&LastVisited_input=0560&make=BMW&description=34212282303

Check the weight as given on their site and it is 65.24lbs or 29.59kgs for what its worth

Edited by allan

I have a few used ones 2x sets that might come up ok after a machining, theyd be very cheap. Feel free to pm me 

FCPeuro have pretty good shipping rates.

The dealer might surprise you (long shot, you either get lucky or they give you a good laugh...)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the pointers. The best price the dealer could do for front and rears was about $1600, which is not too bad compared to $1400 for ones shipped from USA, by the time freight and duty is added up.

The standard OEM USA ones tend to be solid (but ventilated) discs, only a few suppliers carry what they call "euro spec" discs which are slotted and ventilated with a 2-piece setup / alloy hub. 

I might end up going for some locally available Stoptech numbers for around $1000. Freight is only $30 ex Auckland, vs $200 - $300 ex USA.

Cheers

Paul

Do a little research on the StopTech kit. I've seen very mixed reviews which (to me) says "look a little more closely than you might at something from the main dealer."

I am not suggesting anything untoward !

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Do a little research on the StopTech kit. I've seen very mixed reviews which (to me) says "look a little more closely than you might at something from the main dealer."

I am not suggesting anything untoward !

I think that might be around the stop tech caliper pistons binding when super hot. A few people with track based m3s have posted about it.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the pointers. The best price the dealer could do for front and rears was about $1600, which is not too bad compared to $1400 for ones shipped from USA, by the time freight and duty is added up.

The standard OEM USA ones tend to be solid (but ventilated) discs, only a few suppliers carry what they call "euro spec" discs which are slotted and ventilated with a 2-piece setup / alloy hub. 

I might end up going for some locally available Stoptech numbers for around $1000. Freight is only $30 ex Auckland, vs $200 - $300 ex USA.

Cheers

Paul

1800 for front and tears from dealer a good price. My fronts with pads where around 1800 fitted , rears  were 1000 with pads

just a thought... if you were to join BMW Car Club NZ you'd get 10% off parts from BMW Dealers... membership paid twice over, instantly!

On 3/14/2018 at 8:52 PM, paulo said:

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Paul

I'm pretty sure that the front rotor size is different between the USA (non-ZCP) and Euro spec M3's. Might be worth checking at least :-)