Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

M325i mtech II

2 minutes ago, EUROLESS said:

E39 M5 money?!

Without the potential for high servicing cost... probably will also have better increase in value. 

• Like 1

An engine starting with S or V8 > Anything really. IMHO anyway.

Edited by EUROLESS

Yeah, i know its a nice car, in great condition.... but it'd be hard to convince me to buy that over an E46 M3 for the same money. The KM will put a lot of people off buying it as a collector and its too much money to use and enjoy.

• Like 1

Nice car, but easily $5k over priced. Still, a buyer could pay $20k and feel they got a great deal.

It's not a M325i though - it's a 325i with M Sports suspension, M Sports steering wheel, Mtech bodykit , and shadowline exterior trim (from the factory).

KMs are fairly high, especially for the price, but they should all be NZ KMs. Definitely worth checking for paint and bodywork repairs/changes.

Probably will be desirable in years to come, especially given E30 M3 asking prices are going a bit stratospheric.

57 minutes ago, national8 said:

Why is this not an M325i?

According to BMW it is a 325i, and according to BMW there is no such thing as a M325i.

However...

Because the E30 M3 wasn't sold by BMW in NZ (issues with LHD compliance), the BMW importer in the late 80s brought in 325i models, and raided the options bin to create and sell around 100 examples of something they called the M325i. This got the stock M20B25 engine, Motorsport suspension, Motorsport steering wheel, M-Tech2 body kit, 15-inch BBS rims and 225/50 tyres, and a LSD.

Yes, as you say Graham, it is a localised NZ option but they have always been known as M325i here & rightly so with the spec they have. Also to your list - sports seats.

They have always (in recent years anyway) had a proportional excess value over a standard 325i & because of the recent E30 tax. these have gone up proportionally, 5k over priced - who knows...

I have seen 2 others in recent times, the $38k Christchurch car that ended up in Te Awamutu, Spectacular car, but not without fault, not sure on purchase price but was north of 30k. Also another original car that was bought for $20 something, again very nice car but not perfect.

The said car on TM now has been on the market for a while now though.

• Like 1

I certainly see the appeal, but I don't think $25k is appropriate without being 100% original and totally immaculate 

Very fine example though. I wish I got in to the e30 game instead of buying a million e36s