Sign in to follow this  
Toast

New forum theme is far too dark.

The background is very dark now and the topic header is black also. This combination is a pain to clearly see, is there a user side way to change this?

thank mr admin

• Like 5

I thought my  computer was screwing up, or there was a technical issue with the website. 

If these are updated changes they are quite the downgrade. 

• Like 1

^^^^^^ Yup me too...

everything else about it looks really sharp.  IMHO.  

I think this software does at some level offer display flexibility. However, there are several pricing models, and configuration models, so it may not be immediately obvious or straightforward to implement.

Agreed, I didn't know the upgrade was (finally) happening! One of the technical clever admins must have done it.

I will try and get them to have a look at the settings and see if they can change the colours a bit.

• Like 3

+1

Seems like somebody upgraded the software then forgot to open a browser and check to see if the upgrade had actually worked properly.

Yeah, something like life or work probably got in the way before they had chance.

Possibly.

Don't start a job that you don't have time to finish springs to mind.

I spend a lot of time online, and the forum theme change has honestly reduced the amount of time I spend here. I accept my presence isn't exactly earth shattering, or anything, but this change has made it unpleasant to visit the site. This was a serious downgrade for me.

I've suggested, and offered before, but I'd be happy to volunteer my time to do this upgrade, fix up the http config so we use https, and any other configuration issues we may have. As a one-off, or on-going, as needed/liked. 

• Like 2

Given this forum has reached retirement home status (has been for awhile) i wouldn't expect much.   

Tragic, this is one of the few forums I still visit, rest are pretty dead! 

Damn you Facebook. 

Technical Admin types are on the case..

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Technical Admin types are on the case..

Whilst thats good news, why has it taken this long?

Especially when people have offered to help for free?

• Like 1

HERE'S ME THINKING THEY WERE KEEPING THINGS SECRET :rolleyes:

The dark grey writing on a black background is making guessing what I've clicked on quite interesting!

image.thumb.png.c579beec05ea26ab0d45620a8e62059d.png

image.thumb.png.54b2263e7936f7e7dfc3da9be5331d95.png

• Haha 1

I've got pretty good at guessing where the "Unread content" link is.

I'm glad the "Technical Admin types" are on the case but when can we expect the results of their work to materialise? Obviously changing a theme is more difficult than actually updating the forum software.

Or are the non-Technical Admin types so butthurt that we're not appreciative of their incomplete and disruptive work that they've decided we can suffer a bit longer?

I've offered in the past to donate to support this forum but I wasn't even dignified with a reply so I'm quite happy to ask... wtf is up?

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

HI All,

So while we wait for the theme to be fixed, there is a way around this for firefox & chrome users. Here is a very simple Greasemonkey Script to adjust the background color of the website.

// ==UserScript==
// @name     Correct Bimmersport Background
// @version  1
// @description Change the background colour of the bimmersport forum 
// @include http://bimmersport.co.nz/

document.body.style.background = "#e1e1e1"; 

// ==/UserScript==

In Firefox you will need to install the greasemonkey extension ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/ ), and then create a new script, and copy and paste the script above into it, then save the script, reload the bimmersport page and presto your bimmersport user experiance has been improved.

In Chrome install the tampermonkey extension ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en ) , and follow the process above.

I have tested both of these and they work as advertised.

There are extensions for greasemonkey script support for IE, and potentially other browsers, but i haven't tried them at all. 

*Greasemonkey scripts allow you to adjust the contents of web pages being displayed in your browser. They do not affect the page views for any other users, and only affect the browser that they are installed in. I am no sure if there is support for browsers on cellphones. When the theme is corrected you will need to remove the script to get the new color. NOTE if your a novice do not modify the script above as you may affect other websites.

Edited by Buklemaschu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Awesome, works great. Thanks.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
no quote of previous post please

https://invisioncommunity.com/features/customization/

Change colors, upload logos

Match your existing web presence by creating a new theme - no special knowledge or skills required! The easy theme editor makes changing colors, gradients, logos and more effortless. A simple point-and-click interface allows you to see your changes in realtime.

Alternatively, choose from one of the dozens of ready-made third-party themes available from our Marketplace. Many have even more customization options built in, allowing you to get the perfect look for your site.

• Haha 1

Appreciate the fixes but why cant the forum itself be fixed without having to mod things?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hotwire said:

Appreciate the fixes but why cant the forum itself be fixed without having to mod things?

@M3AN's post isn't saying for you to mod things. It's a quote from the forum software creators, suggesting it is trivial to fix the problem we're having here. 

My offer stands, I'll happily fix this stuff up. It'd make a difference to me, and I sit in front of a computer all day most days anyway...

• Like 2

Bump. Not keen to install more extensions to fix something that can be sorted in the admin panel.