Sign in to follow this  
Worksie

Got my 530d back finally

Hi all, 

I have managed to get my E60 530d back. Has taken a while to get the money sorted, but all good now. It had better behave itself for quite sometime now, considering all the money I have spent on in in the last 6 months. 

Coombes Johnston looked after the car for me, and as a company to deal with, I cannot fault them. Just a pity my car has been such a *#$@!

Luckily I had my Merc E500 and E55 to fall back on, though the petrol fuel bill was getting up there for a while! Especially in the E55. That was part of the reason I went diesel......to reduce my fuel costs for work travelling. 

Anyway......fingers crossed the BMW behaves itself now. It has cost me more than half it’s purchase price in repairs in 6 months!

Graeme

Well, the last time it went in initially for a service, but the day before it was due in the dynamic steering system died. That part alone was over $2000. The mass airflow sensor had also packed up, and the gearbox needed servicing as well. Prior to that the alternator needed work, and the aircon pump bearing died too. It also needed a new battery. I have also had to have bushes replaced in the rear suspension too. I have never in my life had so much go wrong so quickly after buying a car! 

I think I just lucked out, the car has only 154 k on it, so hardly a high mileage for its year.

The main thing is, I have it back now and all seems good with it, so far!