Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Skoda Octavia OBD2 reader

So my wifes 2011 Octavia had an issue with the clock spring/slip ring which is a pretty common fault on VAG vehicles using that platform. Anyway I replaced the clock sring but I cannot resent the fault codes using either my DCAN cable or my Bluetooth OBD2 device. I have used a few different programs including Torque which seems to read every other OBD2 car I have connected it to but no the Skoda. To be clear I can connect my OBD2 device but it can't make a connection with the car. Any thoughts? 

What you are using is probably not suitable to reset the module. Are you absolutely sure the fault was the clock spring or a ghost fault code ?

No not 100% sure it was the clock spring but the old clock spring did have an open circuit where the replacement does not. Also the problem does seem to be pretty widespread with a number of articles being written on the subject that exactly mirror the symptoms I have. My main issue is that I have lost a bit of faith in the VW Skoda dealer, I won't go into detail but every service requires a second visit.  

On 3/26/2018 at 4:02 PM, Herbmiester said:

My main issue is that I have lost a bit of faith in the VW Skoda dealer, I won't go into detail but every service requires a second visit.  

most inconvenient.