gjm

Random (BMW) pic of the day

Keep seeing this 850i slowly rotting away in Ellerslie, it's always parked there, barely moves! Sad! 

Decided to take a picture while doing some air intake temperature tests on my car. 

DSC_6144.JPG

someone's parked a toyota in the way! ;)

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Michael. said:

Keep seeing this 850i slowly rotting away in Ellerslie, it's always parked there, barely moves! Sad! 

Decided to take a picture while doing some air intake temperature tests on my car. 

DSC_6144.JPG

Is this lic plate PS1200 or something similar? I recall this lic plate number was/is owned by a member here? if they are, wonder if they will part with it, oneday, if it just sits ? 

19 hours ago, treone said:

Is this lic plate PS1200 or something similar? I recall this lic plate number was/is owned by a member here? if they are, wonder if they will part with it, oneday, if it just sits ? 

That's the one. 

It's almost always there, sometime on the other side of the road. A few interior trims are falling off inside and it's always covered in leafy debris. 

Kind of odd... owner must not care at all or isn't able to look after it for whatever personal reason. 

Thanks @Michael. This is handy to know.

I followed this one a couple of times when it was for sale in Whangarei and by a member here a couple of years ago. Not sure if they sold it in the end.

A bit of a shame that this one has come into this sort of state but as you say, we don't the current owners personal situation.

I'll put this on the radar when I'm ready to pull the trigger on one again . As it could be  a good project (getting inspired by the LS swaps happening at the mo haha).

If you come across the owner on your travels let them know someone may be interested ?

Edited by treone

A manual 857ci with an LS swap would be terrific :P

Better yet an 860ci with the LS2 / L98

• Like 2

0db49d337d6e684661bf0bb85065937c.jpg

• Like 4

E9 bodied E39 M5. So much want.

mko-cs-m5-front-side.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, aja540i said:

1329943484_1280px-Amon_Chris_-_BMW_35_CSL_(1973-07-08_Sp).thumb.jpg.c7029197c0c6f8ac1b4caf2c696a03ef.jpg

Awesome!  Chris Amon?!  You got any more details, such as where/when, and who took the photo?  Looks like it's 1973 European Touring Car Championship going by the helmet & livery.

Actually I've found the details: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amon,_Chris_-_BMW_3,5_CSL_(1973-07-08_Sp).jpg  It's on wikipedia with a CC2.0 Attribution Share-Alike (Germany) license.  The Photographer (or image owner) credited is Lothar Spurzem  taken 8 July 1973.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10757051

?

Here's home to two of them:

latest?cb=20131226175134

On 6/22/2018 at 3:39 PM, Michael. said:

Immediately around the corner from my place, still there. The tickets are getting removed from the windscreen each week... odd. As soon as that stops I'll claim salvage! ;)

• Haha 1

Yep, expired reg and wof... poor car... :(

Oh damn. God some parking wardens are assholes. Kinda sad when they do that on quiet residential streets. (even though they can) 

Stands to ask why the owner leaves it on the road like that! 

Can't save every interesting car I guess. 

249632.jpg.773e93b5e3baa2b25b8aae75232b0161.jpg

you can almost see the BMW bit!

• Like 1