M3AN

Want NOS with that 328 sir?

Now that's an interesting proposition.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1591503293.htm

Not sure why it's not included in the title or why he's not answering valid questions. I'd like to know exactly what that dyno said but I bet it's quite a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Its a dealer, probably doesnt have the answers. Seems a bit weird throwing nitrous on such a tidy looking, completely original car.

Yikes, so it's really been thrashed if it's had a nos kit thrown at it. 

Would keep looking if I was in the market for a 328i E36 

That's pretty cool.

How many 'pulls' do you get from a tank of No2? How much does a tank cost? What happens if you push the button mid corner? 

• Confused 1

Sold pending payment.. he said it has been through 2 tanks of nos. I'm not sure what nos means for the motor but since its a run of the mill m52 I'll take my chances. Worst case scenario I fit a new motor for a few hundred bucks... I will most likely sell the NOS kit anyway as I'm not sure how I feel about it. The car is pretty tidy overall! Drives well- feels nice and tight ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, m325i said:

That's pretty cool.

How many 'pulls' do you get from a tank of No2? How much does a tank cost? What happens if you push the button mid corner? 

So many unanswered questions... for the sake of finding answers maybe I'll have to refill the bottle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, m325i said:

That's pretty cool.

Image result for fast n furious nos gif

• Haha 1

But you need 24 forward gears to do that Andrew!

I think it's a good buy at the price, the NOS install looks like it's using good hardware and the rest of the car adds up the asking price anyway. These engines are pretty under stressed anyway so I doubt the NOS would cause any problems directly - but I imagine things like the cooling system would need a careful eye kept on it.

Don't dump the NOS Brad, keep if for the weekends.

• Like 2

Is  NoS legal on the road in NZ? For some reason I have it in my mind that you aren't allowed to run NoS in a car on the street.

Bummer.

I did wonder why you don't see more NOS cars here.

I assume simply removing the tank is sufficient to get by?

On 4/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Is  NoS legal on the road in NZ? For some reason I have it in my mind that you aren't allowed to run NoS in a car on the street.

Aha! That's why it's not certed :lol: Oh well, I guess that makes my WOF guy half blind or at least he pretends to be.. I'll be starting a project log for this car as I've always wanted to properly build an E36 and I never have. Seeing as this is ~ E36 #17 for me, I think its about time this one has some money spent on it and it sees the track!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bradgalbraith said:

Aha! That's why it's not certed :lol: Oh well, I guess that makes my WOF guy half blind or at least he pretends to be.. I'll be starting a project log for this car as I've always wanted to properly build an E36 and I never have. Seeing as this is ~ E36 #17 for me, I think its about time this one has some money spent on it and it sees the track!

Will you be keeping this one for more than a week?:P

12 hours ago, zero said:

Will you be keeping this one for more than a week?:P

It's starting to look that way.. more than half way there haha! My reasons for going through so many has been A: to make money and B: in an attempt to find something better. At the end of the day I've realised that E36s are too old to buy and sell with some hope of finding a brilliant one off the bat..  They're all pretty bruised and battered. Better to buy a reasonably tidy one and start building it up to what you want.

• Like 1

Havent you had an M3 or two? Pretty hard to top them...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KwS said:

Havent you had an M3 or two? Pretty hard to top them...

Yeah I've had a 3.0 M3, 3.2 Evo and a turbo 3.0 but they've all been a bit too needy in terms of upkeep.. too much fixing and not enough modding, hence me going for a 328i which is cheap and easy.