Herbmiester

Oil on Sale thread

Awesome perfect timing for me.

Repco has 30% off the same however they have more options for sizes.  But are still more expensive per liter.

6L $77.70 = 12.95/l
20L $211.40 = 10.57/l

Supercheap

5L $48.49 = 9.70/l

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I buy the HPR 5 5w-40  every time it's on sale... I think I have about 90 litres in the garage 😄 Hahaha!

At the Supercheap price, it even goes in the V8 Land Rover too 😁

• Haha 1

Oh... and not oil related, but in the Repco "clearance" section, I got a few parts for the Land Rover: a set of V8 "OEX" HT leads, 6 sets fo front "TRW" brake pads and 4 sets of "Silverline" cheaparse brake pads for NZ$33-10 plus $8.50 delivery 🤣

If you add a vehicle to you garage, "shop all parts" for it, then expand the search on the left side and select the "clearance" category, it shows all the cheap parts for you car. Mine was pretty flukey, but worth a try occasionally to see what crap you can buy 😁

• Like 4

Supercheap is at it again with some oils 50% off, including Castro Edge 5W-30 for $55

image.thumb.png.de7e54e063d5343ad459e9704a45835a.png

On 9/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Allanw said:

Oh... and not oil related, but in the Repco "clearance" section, I got a few parts for the Land Rover: a set of V8 "OEX" HT leads, 6 sets fo front "TRW" brake pads and 4 sets of "Silverline" cheaparse brake pads for NZ$33-10 plus $8.50 delivery 🤣

If you add a vehicle to you garage, "shop all parts" for it, then expand the search on the left side and select the "clearance" category, it shows all the cheap parts for you car. Mine was pretty flukey, but worth a try occasionally to see what crap you can buy 😁

+1 this. Got a pair of nice TRW rotors for my Honda for $40 each on clearance. Some real bargains to be had.

• Like 1

Repco got reasonable savings on bigger quantities of oil.  Sale ends midnight today though so you have to click and collect to secure it.

https://www.repco.co.nz/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/penrite-hpr-5-5w-40-engine-oil-20l-hpr05020/p/A1196840

Edited by Eagle

What transmission fluid can I use for my manual e39? I don't see anything other than atf...

Quality gear oil or ATF in the right viscosity would work fine. Dont think Repco really stock higher end stuff from what ive seen, possibly some Castrol stuff but you'd need to look at the tech specs.

Redline MTL or MT-90 was my go to oil till it got too expensive. I use this now and am happy with shift quality on my ZF and Getrag boxes.

https://1stparts.co.nz/product/torco-mtf-manual-trans-fliud-1-ltr-gl4-spec-replaces-sae30-10w30-or-gl4-light-viscosity/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

F%^&^&g b@5t@rd5 !

Guess who bought Penrite HPR 5w40 very, very recently? :angry::angry::angry:

^ I did. 

For $48 a jug.

Buyah.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, gjm said:

F%^&^&g b@5t@rd5 !

If you have club card, and swiped it, they'll refund the difference withon a certain time frame 😉

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, gjm said:

F%^&^&g b@5t@rd5 !

Never buy it when it's not on special. Take the Briscoes approach. It will be on sale sometime soon.

I just keep buying it when it hits 50-60% off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Driftit said:

Never buy it when it's not on special. Take the Briscoes approach. It will be on sale sometime soon.

I just keep buying it when it hits 50-60% off.

This was a "Dad - can you just change my oil while I'm staying with you?" and I found I had enough for a planned changed, but not enough for two changes on different vehicles. :(

On 1/7/2024 at 2:23 PM, gjm said:

This was a "Dad - can you just change my oil while I'm staying with you?" and I found I had enough for a planned changed, but not enough for two changes on different vehicles. :(

Make her pay the difference... then she'll start to appreciate the real value of a dad-mechanic! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supercheap is at it again - cheap Castrol Edge 5W 30 and discounts on other types

Cheap Penrite 5W-40

Others discounted also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Repco have a Penrite sale. But local shops don't have the pack sizes I want!