Sign in to follow this  
BradMosen

E36 Brake Upgrade

330i e46 front brakes, and 325i e46 rear brakes.

• Like 1

I think the 330 e46 brakes require a new master cylinder to work optimally? Up front I used E46 328i rotors and caliper carriers, this will give you an extra 15mm rotor diameter and you can keep your original calipers. I did this with Hawk pads and it worked well. Outback e46 325/328i calipers, caliper carriers and rotors, these will work with you handbrake.

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

I think the 330 e46 brakes require a new master cylinder to work optimally? Up front I used E46 328i rotors and caliper carriers, this will give you an extra 15mm rotor diameter and you can keep your original calipers. I did this with Hawk pads and it worked well. Outback e46 325/328i calipers, caliper carriers and rotors, these will work with you handbrake.

No, same master cylinder. The e46 330i fronts and e46 325i rears keep the brake bias the same. Other combos do not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zero said:

No, same master cylinder. The e46 330i fronts and e46 325i rears keep the brake bias the same. Other combos do not.

I am running the above setup and it feels mint. Really good stopping power that doesn't cost an arm & leg. We all know how expensive breaks can get!

• Like 3