Sign in to follow this  
Valvebounce

E34, what's it worth?

Looking for some advise as to how much I should be asking for my nz new E34 525i.  It's and 88, first reg Jan 89. Factory manual. 268k on the body, unknown on the motor. (It's an M20b25) previous owner swapped the motor from on which had suffered an electrical fire. New engine was mint inside, (someone had had the head recon, but not Crack tested) I got it not running and got to go. But then had to swap all.the parts onto another head because the one someone had rebuilt was cracked through the cam tunnels. Bore looked good when the head was off. New head gasket/bolts/ valve seals blah blah etc.  

The good, 

Nz new 

Factory manual

Lush red leather interior

The bad,

Has a choppy idle (might be an air leak, I've bought one new breather hose but never fitted it)

Fuel flap hinge is busted.

Clear coat on bonnet and boot are a bit cooked

Has some petrol smell. 

How much should I.Ask?

Sorry about the potato photos.

20180413_162826.jpg

20180413_162842.jpg

Thanks!

I'm quite keen to list on trademe  soon and move it on. I own nine cars at the moment, and life will get so much easier if I can make that seven. 

I used to own that in Wellington from 2004-2012. Great car, never really let me down, did a couple of intake manifold gaskets and ignition barrel. 

I $1 reserved it on trade me and I think it sold for about $2500.