Sign in to follow this  
GorGasm

Bartholomew the F11 535i

I don't name the cars, the wife does.  But here it is, the baby wagon we picked up a couple of weeks ago.  Freshly back from OCD for a stage 3 package. Amazing family car package, super comfortable, nice to drive, reasonable power and actually good on gas!

Imperial Blue brilliant effect metallic (lol, and the photos don't do the colour justice, it's actually very blue in the sun), and Everest Gray leather, and M-sport.  The really great features I think are the double sunroof, active steering with ridiculous turning radius and the 8 speed auto.
tnf4opch.g5e.jpg
p4muta5v.z05.jpg
zm2ybayo.p0e.jpg
2eko2ypt.oo1.jpg
os00x0wq.aw4.jpg

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 8

wow the blue/grey colour combo is beautiful and very classy

• Like 2

Interior looks lovely!

What was the bill from OCD for stage 3? Eye watering I'm sure :p 

Good point, perhaps I should hunt down some standard plate holders.

The bill is a little pricey but worth it given that the whole car was covered in swirls.  After they finished it was back to mirror finish again.  ~$800 for the Stage 3 package.  I didn't go all out on a ceramic coating, those really take the price to the next level.

Fuel economy is sitting around 10L/100km on daily duties which is still pretty good.  It could certainly use another 100hp, but it's all about the balance I guess :)

On 6/6/2018 at 10:57 PM, GorGasm said:

Good point, perhaps I should hunt down some standard plate holders.

Just take them off. Standard NZ plates shouldn't need any holes drilled to fit when the jap plate holders are off.

If the 335i f31 was more readily available I'm sure I would have gone for that in preference to the diesel.

Wheel alignment and balance done.  Alignment a little out and some new wheel weights onboard.  Haven't managed to get it near a motorway to confirm the minor shaking is gone.

Seems to happen on all my cars >_<

Hoping it's just balance issue but still haven't managed to get near a motorway.  I spent most of the day fooling around with the m5 since it has been stuck in the garage behind a scaffold for a couple of months.  Battery may have given up now.

As for names, nah my wife names the things.  She's come up with Bernard Beatrice and Bartholomew.

Edit: seems it was just wheel balance as it cruises smooth now.  That's a relief.  Interestingly the triangle th201 tyres on it aren't terrible although I think they are a bit small for a 245.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Haha 1

Turned out your wife's 535i parks like 300ish metres away from my (now dead) 535i, spotted her a a week or so ago but wasn't sure on the number plate, then had a better chance today :D 

Almost brought tears to my eyes...    

Heh yeah it lives over on the shore during week days.  Hope it wasn't tears because ours is so damned dirty ;)

Sad, though.  You have a 640d now, how's that going for you?

1 hour ago, GorGasm said:

Heh yeah it lives over on the shore during week days.  Hope it wasn't tears because ours is so damned dirty ;)

Sad, though.  You have a 640d now, how's that going for you?

Haha yeah it looked a bit dirty ;)

Love the 6 series - smooth, perfect cruiser, lots of room too (for now at least), full tank for under a hundred is a nice bonus too.

Comfort seats and dash wrapped in Nappa, M paket, adaptive drive, LDW/LCW,  adaptive LED headlights, 360 + side view cameras etc. Just wish the original owner ticked off the soft close doors option, was only like $900 extra - frameless  doors on these are a bit of an effort to shut, require a rather decent wack :) 

Would you know who can tune these diesels?

Sounds nice!  Probably more torque than my M5 with 1/4 the fuel bill haha!  Sadly wouldn't have a clue who would tune them.  I'd be tempted by box tunes from overseas if available though.

14 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

Sounds nice!  Probably more torque than my M5 with 1/4 the fuel bill haha!  Sadly wouldn't have a clue who would tune them.  I'd be tempted by box tunes from overseas if available though.

Haha yeah fuel bill is rather awesome, full tank for under a hundy and lasts me for 2+ weeks. Have ASD module so sounds very petroly in the inside :D 

19 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Would you know who can tune these diesels?

Have a talk to Joe at https://eurosurgeon.co.nz/

Edited by B.M.W Ltd