Sign in to follow this  
Cammsport

Car Detailing Products

Afternoon all,

I've been wanting to graduate from the usual SCA/REPCO car wash products for a while now, but I'm unsure on what products to turn to. I use the double bucket method with grit guards, hogs hair brushes, wool mitts, DA polisher etc. alongside the "Nu Finish" range. I watch a lot of Ammo NYC detailing clips on YouTube, but he uses his own line of products that will sting with freight charges.

Do you have any first hand experience of products like Gyeon, ValetPro, Waxaddict or others that are readily available in NZ? 

Random pic to keep it interesting :) 

Image result for iron remover car detailing

Since your in Auckland I suggest you see the team at United Car care/ OCD, great for products advise and top notch.

pretty much all the brands you mention they have, also online shop as well 

• Like 3

Cheers Brent. I have no doubt at all, that these guys are definite pros, but i was hoping to catch some reviews from members who have no vested interest or affiliation. Products that work well for the weekend warrior car enthusiast. 

Yip that’s me and I use them, mainly Gyeon and some Valetpro. I’ve been using Gyeon prep and bug tar remover etc as go to, along with cannon foam. Mencerna Powerlock is my go to sealer with a nice wax on the top, I find it gives up to 12 months solid sealer protection. Topped up with the wax.

No vested interest either, apart from wanting a dam fine finish. And hating swirls and marks.

i would like to try the Ammo solution but it’s a stretch to far in cost with freight and hassle and you really need to use the products together I believe, hence my current line up.

• Thanks 1

Check out https://luxxio.co.nz/ as well, kiwi company with product actually developed here, at a decent price, awesome service, and its actually good stuff as well :D  I havent come across anything like their "speedy coating" from anyone else before, its legit. The luxury wash works great in foam gun, as good as anything else Ive tried. Agent X wheel cleaner is good too, not as "grunty" as dragons blood but easier to use.

As Breaker said, OCD are great as well. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 2

I’ll check them out as well, cheers Jacko

OCD may not be the *last* word in everything car prep related, but they're very good, and their affiliate company - United Car Care - sells much of what they use.

There *are* other products out there but the ones OCD use have been proven to work.

• Like 2

I use the Gyeon wheel cleaner to deal with brake dust. I find the spray pattern to be far better than dragons breath. 

5 hours ago, Breaker said:

you really need to use the products together I believe, hence my current line up.

Yea I definitely agree. Otherwise there may be an overlap/underlap between application of products. Power tools relate, looking for for an impact wrench atm too. But i figure I need to find a brand that covers all areas of power tools I need so I can stick with one charger, battery etc. 

4 hours ago, Jacko said:

Check out https://luxxio.co.nz/ as well, kiwi company with product actually developed here, at a decent price, awesome service, and its actually good stuff as well :D 

Free shipping, decent price.. Quite tempted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cammsport said:

Yea I definitely agree. Otherwise there may be an overlap/underlap between application of products. Power tools relate, looking for for an impact wrench atm too. But i figure I need to find a brand that covers all areas of power tools I need so I can stick with one charger, battery etc. 

Free shipping, decent price.. Quite tempted. 

Love my ryobi one+ R18IW ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cammsport said:

Makita and Bosch both have big ranges. So does dewalt but the after sales service is bad in nz.

Those are the top three.

Milwaukee is also good but has a much smaller range.

One step down from those brands is AEG - not bad tools and come with a six year warranty, but range is smaller.

Have just bought a Karcher K5, purely to dabble in this snow foam craze :wub:

419PvzgAhbL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg.f95e0958b2fb6ea0043725238646924c.jpg

One of my favourite toys, you won’t regret it 

Gave the patio a blast this afternoon, misses quickly took over lol. Might do a 30 second time lapse of the drive way just for the satisfying-ness. 

• Haha 1

Has anyone played with the uber expensive waxes? Does wax costing triple digits stack up? 

Personally have not seen anything quite as impressive as Autoglym ultra HD wax. Stunning product, tested and proven to be an incredible gloss and it's super nice to work with. 

The extremely expensive waxes are amazing, but unless you're a professional detailer with a huge amount of experience you won't have a surface prepared well enough to justify putting it on, IMHO 

• Like 1