Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

E81 130i

q&a says its singapore import. I would still buy it if I was in the market. these things are awesome, always wanted the 2 door and its got the right engine too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KwS said:

wrong trans and those stripes are yuck

Stripes are yuck for sure but wrong trans? Sure it's not a manual and would be awesome if it was but for the sake of a rare e81 u can't say no cuz it's auto. And actually this gearbox is flippin awesome imo. Very smooth and shifts pretty quick for what it is. Rev matches on downshifts and can even be flash tuned so definitely not 'wrong' :)

• Like 1

Personal preference, id take a 4 door manual over 2 door auto. If it were a dct or 135i  it would be a different story, but NA + slushbox auto just doesnt scream fun.

• Like 1

Have you driven one though? I think its plenty fun even in auto. Not trying to start up the auto vs manual (msg vs manual m3) debate but the 130i and 135i are both excellent in auto in my opinion.

• Like 2

Ex Singapore?  Rather your money than mine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Ex Singapore?  Rather your money than mine.

Not that I need another N52, that would just be greedy, but whats wrong with Singapore? (Vs Japan/UK/etc)

Its back again. The bonnet/gaurd gap and odd looking paint matching (could be the pics) look much worse than the old listing.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1739378019.htm?rsqid=e121ed51c52e47f48794af24a5da2624

I saw this again too. Iirc the price has dropped quite a bit since the first time it was sold?

I am almost tempted to buy it..

• Like 1

Wow, there is something really weird with that front guard gap and paint shade.

If you wanted the weird 3 door, i think it'd be the one to get as they sure as anything arent common.

1 hour ago, qube said:

I saw this again too. Iirc the price has dropped quite a bit since the first time it was sold?

I am almost tempted to buy it..

Yeh Its dropped like 5k? I wonder if the dealers realised hes imported a problem... 

26 minutes ago, qube said:

kind of reminds me of a ep3 type r

I could see that in the side window profile

Visibly faded plastic on the interior air vents and that weird cubby thing on the dash. Must be from that Singapore heat.

my jap import e87 130i also had the super faded air vent slats too for some reason.

Edited by qube

17 minutes ago, Matth5 said:

Visibly faded plastic on the interior air vents and that weird cubby thing on the dash. Must be from that Singapore heat.

Fairly normal, I watched it do it in mine :D Heater on full noise and max fan seems to cook the coating on the plastic. Lid fell off water bottle on the way to job interview... Meguairs trim stuff and a brush fixed it.

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1