Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

F10 M5's. More imports that NZ new?

Just wondering if there would be more F10 M5 imports than NZ new? I thought this could be the case from when the pound was weak when the cars were new?

Probably.  Both JP and UK imports.

I haven't seen many Jap M5s come in, most have been ex-UK. As for total numbers, that's an interesting question. I would say no, not yet but this will change as they get a few years older, especially in UK.

Just out of curiosty, I double checked the number of NZ new F10 M5s, and in total there were 111 of them over the whole life cycle. So I would be very surprised if there were more imports here than that number. In coming years there will be a few more imports come through I would think, but not yet. Getting the info for the used stuff is a lot harder, as people can register anything as an "M5" when it comes in as a used import, so you have to sort the wheat from the chaff and cut out all the "520i M5" and "M5" with "Engine Size:2,000cc"!

57 Pre-LCI, and 54 LCI.

Still looking for the import numbers.

I've been tracking M5s on TradeMe (sad I know) but F10s only from Jan this year . . .

• 8 NZ new
  • 5 UK import
  • 1 ex-Aussie write-off (Black with white leather)
  • 3 indeterminate (no reg/VIN)

Least I've seen one go for was a NZ new 2012 with 97KMs with a $1 res auction - went for $45K....!

Normal 'low' price is ~$60-$70k

On 5/25/2018 at 1:43 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

57 Pre-LCI, and 54 LCI.

Still looking for the import numbers.

Thanks for that - 54 cars in my market is more that I thought there would be.  I’ve sold my daily driver now so I’m in a good position to buy when the right one comes along.

5 minutes ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

I've been tracking M5s on TradeMe (sad I know) but F10s only from Jan this year . . .

• 8 NZ new
  • 5 UK import
  • 1 ex-Aussie write-off (Black with white leather)
  • 3 indeterminate (no reg/VIN)

Least I've seen one go for was a NZ new 2012 with 97KMs with a $1 res auction - went for $45K....!

Normal 'low' price is ~$60-$70k

I bid on the $45k one although wasn’t all that serious about it at the time - I thought it would sell for more and if I bought it I’d still be hankering for a LCI.  It wasn’t meant to be as trademe had a connection error as the auction was closing.  I know that sounds like a yarn but I’ve got a screenshot of it!

With new model out I reckon prices might fall a little bit more yet.

From the latest info I can see, upto and including May, I think that there have been 48 F10 M5s imported into NZ so far, so still more NZ than new. Which backs up what PermiPeteNZ has seen on TradeMe.

Most of the M5s being imported used are still the E60 M5 out of Japan, with only a small percentage being the F10. This will change though as the F10 moves into the "too old to be practical" in Japan which happens fairly soon from what I have seen on other models.