Sign in to follow this  
bradgalbraith

E36 328i coupe 'track' project

Another mini update- recently bought a ZHP gearknob to replace the rubbish old one. Also bought and installed a set of Powerflex rear camber arms. Hopefully I'll get a spare minute in the next week to install the Powerflex rear trailing arm bushes. The plan is to then get tyres and an alignment afterwards in preparation for cert.

Also a nice little photo in there of the new daily driver..

output.jpg

IMG_1940.JPG

output-onlinejpgtools (3).jpg

Edited by bradgalbraith
  • Like 2

Update: Rear trailing arm bushes were pretty shocking so I've replaced them with Powerflex black series bushes. I haven't had a chance to test drive the car yet but will hopefully put the new Mtech 2 steering wheel on and get a wheel alignment in the next week or so. Progress has been slow as I've been busy but it's slowly getting there. As for the installation of the bushes, yes, I did it the messy way but it still works so I'm not bothered. Pretty much broke the aluminium cylindrical piece out of the old bush, cut the rubber back in one part,  crimped it inwards to free it from the housing/bracket and then lightly sanded the housing before installing the new bush.

jacked.jpg

new bushing.jpg

old bushing.jpg

rtab.jpg

Edited by bradgalbraith
  • Like 3

RTABs are so crucial for how an E36 rides. Night an day difference if they are in proper shape! 

• Like 2

Wheel alignment- tick

Bleed the brakes- tick

Semi slicks on- tick

-Kayne Barrie Motorsport diff- tick

-Fluids checked- tick

Should be a good day at Pukekohe tomorrow! I'm half expecting one of the CVs to blow up but just going to send it.

20190419_111405.jpg

Edited by bradgalbraith
  • Like 3

The track day was a huge success! I must admit, Pukekohe had me a little nervous with how quick the track was combined with how rubbish my brakes/rear tyres were but all in all it was great. Once again, the 328 took a beating and showed no signs of giving up. Here are a few photos of the day.. I very much enjoyed getting loose on the hairpin corner at the back of the track.

130kph.jpg

Drift.PNG

TrackDay-6.jpg

TrackDay-12.jpg

• Like 3

And so, the chapter of the 328i road/track car draws to a close.. ?Unfortunately I'm a sucker for M cars and no matter how much I put into the 328i I knew it wouldn't be special enough. I think I've done a decent amount in the year and a half that I've owned it and I've had lots of fun too. A 1994 M3 is replacing the mighty 328 and I'll be taking some of the good bits off and swapping them over. I'm a bit sad to undo some of the hard work that I've put into the 328 but it was becoming a money pit at the rate I was going. Anyway, I'll be introducing the newly acquired M3 in a new thread.  

R.jpg

• Like 6

Was this the s50b32 swapped one in Christchurch? 

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

Was this the s50b32 swapped one in Christchurch? 

Affirmative.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 2:36 PM, bradgalbraith said:

Anyway, I'll be introducing the newly acquired M3 in a new thread.  

Bump

• Like 2