Sign in to follow this  
sobanoodle

Bavsound - where to buy from?

Hey team, thinking of getting a Bavsound set-up for F11 but from what I can see they only ship within the US and there is no dealer in NZ (the nearest one is over the ditch). 

Of course I can get it shipped via Youshop but at this stage I am just trying to avoid that option. Any other ideas? 

yep, I recommend them.  If you join under the Visa promotion, you get a bunch of benefits for no cost.

1 minute ago, Olaf said:

yep, I recommend them.  If you join under the Visa promotion, you get a bunch of benefits for no cost.

What carrier do they mainly use? 

you get to choose your carrier and service.  DHL, UPS, FedEx, or 'bulk discount', and sub-selections for service.  It's all on their site, go read and explore.   I prefer FedEx express.

The MyUS website is good, your in box works well, and you can use a phone app too.

remember, the NZ customs website is your friend.  used to be 'whatsmyduty.org.nz'.

6 minutes ago, Olaf said:

remember, the NZ customs website is your friend.  used to be 'whatsmyduty.org.nz'.

I've imported enough to know what whatsmyduty.org.nz is or what 0800 478 287 (option 2) number is for ;) 

• Thanks 1

just a heads up to double check you cars current config can accept the kit you're buying with out mods or extra peices. 

When i ordered from them what i got for my E46 bolt in system was  different than what my car actually needed for the front splits. this was due to the kit being made for US base model and not Euro / international base models which had different audio "base" set ups from factory.

This cause a few headaches for me and Bavsound. they sorted it but somewhat reluctantly. since then they've changed the wording on their site and kits and shipping international isnt an option.  

That being said the speakers are awesome and the fact the are direct OEM replacements is fantastic. i love the range and depth and a great upgrade on the 6 factory speakers for E46 sedan.

good luck with your upgrade

Edited by hunter

36 minutes ago, Neal said:

Consider Gladen drop in speakers if you want the next level up from Bavsound. 

https://www.gladen.com/compo_coax.html

Interesting, is there a reseller semi-locally? pricing?

Unfortunately not, similar to bavsound in that you’d need to import your own. Freight via Europe quite often cheaper that the USA though.  

The gladen woofers seem to be the choice  for the underseat oem replacement for higher end audio.  If I take my e46 audio to the next stage I’d use these in the floors and cut down the reliance on my sub for 100hz down.

just watch the options with the gladen sets as some are more suited to aftermarket amps. The system upgrades get quite complex from this point on.

Some video info