Sign in to follow this  
Shaun14

E30 Livery Options

Hi all,

I’ve recently acquired a Lapisblau (navy blue) E30 as a bit of a project. I’m looking to sign write it with a (preferably period correct) livery and would like opinions on what everyone thinks looks best! Cheers!

P.S I’m leaning towards the M1 Pro-car inspired Hugo Boss Livery.

Cheers,
Shaun. 

options.jpg

Hey Shaun, are you going to come out racing in this project, or is it a street car?

I personally prefer a livery that is "period correct" and / or associated with BMW back in the day. The Boss and Rothmans ones in your pic are good, not so keen on the Red Bull one. What software are you using to make those images, I would like to have a play with that around some ideas I've got!

For my race car I have been tossing up between the JPS and the Benson & Hedges liveries, and have now plumped for a JPS "tribute" livery.

I always liked this one blasting around the streets of Wellington... not sure it'll work with a blue base though...

BMW_M3_2157.jpg

• Like 2

period correct?  what about the Ken Done M3 livery?!

P90100558--art-drive-the-bmw-art-car-col

Hi All, 

This will be a strictly street car/bit of fun. My racing calendar is looking pretty full for this season! 

I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC to draw these up - It's great for vector Illustrations but is quite expensive and takes a bit to learn. 

I love both the B&H livery and all the art cars (the Warhol M1 would be my pic!) but I think seeing that the body/paint are in such good nick sticking with the blue base may be the easiest option!  

Cheers. 

My vote goes to Rothmans.  Stick some gold mesh wheels... oh la la. 

21 hours ago, Contrails said:

My vote goes to Rothmans.  Stick some gold mesh wheels... oh la la. 

Plus one on this, Can't beat a good old Rothies