Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Talk to me about F30

anything to look for particularly, any model weakness points,petrol and diesel still undecided 

What models are you thinking of in particular? 

4-cyl petrol is much better than the previous version in the E90 and later models got the new Bxx series engines which are better again. However, I still prefer the diesel over the petrol.

6 cylinder engines are both great performance wise, especially in the 335 versions. At bit more pricy as you would expect, but worth it if you can stretch that far.

M-Sport versions are most popular in NZ and are the best looking IMHO. Sport Line is not far behind. Luxury Line is for 70 year old gentlemen and Urban Line was just weird and dropped pretty quickly.

Not sure about issues, haven't heard of anything.

• Like 1

I’m also looking at buying a F30.  BMW 328i Sportline NZ new to be specific.  So would be interested in any issues.  The one I’m looking at has done 80,000 km. 

Edited by PDK
  • Like 1

I figured it out from the sportline, 80kms, nz new.

Looks good, might be nice if it was a little bit cheaper. I feel like the prices on these will drop very soon.

Yup, new generation 3-Series is just around the corner which will see a drop in the price of used F30s.

New generation probably year away from NZ wouldn't yet?   Won't give me decent trade in so deal is off for now unless they up their offer.   Maybe I will just wait.