Sign in to follow this  
audacity404

M135i engine issues

Hi all - I purchased a 2013 m135i with ~90k km about 6 weeks ago, after putting less than 400 km on it a couple of weeks ago the car began losing power in up the rev range which gradually got worse. Initially, I assumed this was turbo related but it has developed to the car being very jumpy at idle and low revs with a clicking sound coming from the engine bay and check engine light. Any ideas on what this issue could be (ideally near Parnell)? Unsure whether it would be worth forking out for the BMW workshop or not.

8 minutes ago, audacity404 said:

Hi all - I purchased a 2013 m135i with ~90k km about 6 weeks ago, after putting less than 400 km on it a couple of weeks ago the car began losing power in up the rev range which gradually got worse. Initially, I assumed this was turbo related but it has developed to the car being very jumpy at idle and low revs with a clicking sound coming from the engine bay and check engine light. Any ideas on what this issue could be (ideally near Parnell)? Unsure whether it would be worth forking out for the BMW workshop or not.

get it checked

bm workshop or eurosurgeon etc

have replacement engines if needed even a 12,000km one

• Like 2

I would be taking it back to the dealer to be honest...

i'm going to take a guess and say probably one of the coil or injector  (even spark plug/s) effing out.  not too expensive in part but can be a painto get to and replace if DIY. 

I've done lots of research on these engines as I've just bought a freshly imported 08 135i last weekend that's done 50k . I'm having starting issues and the car will randomly stop firing on one or two cylinders. I'm about to make a thread about it. I hope that you can get it resolved but definitely get that checked under your warranty or CGA if it's not too late! Here's my video!