Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Xtrons Android Headunits

Anyone played with one? They have decent reviews. Nothing specifically for an E87 (what I would be after) but...

Being able to integrate with canbus and control the works, as well as OBD2 and turn it into a swag of gauges using torque pro etc would be cool.

http://xtrons.com/pe9890bpl-android-8-octa-core-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-multimedia-player-with-9-display-custom-fit-for-bmw-3-series.html

Another one, fits an E87 with auto climate control...

Could be either an awesome toy, or total pile of sh*t :D

https://www.belsee.com/belsee-best-aftermarket-oem-bmw-e81-e82-e87-e88-2004-2011-autoradio-radio-navigation-android-dvd-player-stereo-gps-google-maps.html

image (1).png

Thats pretty nice, ancient hardware and OS though, and its pretty much just a hardwired tablet? for about the same price as a Galaxy tab S3 ? 

Suck none of the "mainstream" manufacturers arent really jumping on Android. 

Edited by Jacko

I had an Avin, it failed in about a year, cost an absolute buttload and like Jacko said it's old hardware and OS. I then changed to an Eonon for about half the price and it had much better specs and newer Android. Operation was much faster then the Avin as well

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 1:39 AM, BimmerShaun said:

I had an Avin, it failed in about a year, cost an absolute buttload and like Jacko said it's old hardware and OS. I then changed to an Eonon for about half the price and it had much better specs and newer Android. Operation was much faster then the Avin as well

Is the canbus integration good? Eonons look pretty well sorted (at least on their website!)

It's literally just the plug that goes into the back of the factory head unit, couldn't be easier. All factory controls (steering wheel etc.) work like normal. 

However I think there are a couple of other wires that need splicing, can't remember what for. Ihad an absolute blonde moment and spliced into the wrong wire and that completely messed with the body control module. I had the dash not working, hazards coming on, sunroof not working etc. It was hilarious. Not!

Edited by BimmerShaun
  • Haha 1

Ordered the Belsee unit, will see if it chooch or not.

Belsee android 8 unit turned up, looks and feels good, plastics a bit "shiney". Buttons etc feel like original units, not cheap sh*t.

Got called to USA for 3 weeks for work, but will make a vid review of all its tricks when get back.

• Like 2