Sign in to follow this  
P3RMAFROST

New BMW in the South of the North

52 minutes ago, drtimwright said:

I meant for the NZ comparisons :)

Tim

Whoops.

Bridgestone Tyre Centre in both Upper Hutt & Torrens Terrace Wellington (I myself just realised they were the same outfit, yet different quotes?).  That was for the P Zero Run flats which I was originally thinking of getting.

I'm pretty sure you can't get the Pirelli All Season Plus in NZ and I'm guessing if they could order from overseas you'd lose another arm and leg.

Edited by P3RMAFROST

9 hours ago, P3RMAFROST said:

Whoops.

Bridgestone Tyre Centre in both Upper Hutt & Torrens Terrace Wellington (I myself just realised they were the same outfit, yet different quotes?).  That was for the P Zero Run flats which I was originally thinking of getting.

I'm pretty sure you can't get the Pirelli All Season Plus in NZ and I'm guessing if they could order from overseas you'd lose another arm and leg.

Try hyperdrive.co.nz - they have reasonable pricing and it's all online. They ship to a local installer and charge a $12/per tire installation fee. Well it's about $12 anyway. I've found that the chain tire stores (bridgestone, tony's, and beurepairs) seem to make up a price based on what they think they can get away with and I always feel ripped off. Smaller mechanics tend to be a little better (especially the ones on this forum).

As an example, one of my friends recently bought a single tire from tony's (I think). He then went to hyperdrive and would have saved $100 on that single tire (same brand etc).

On saying that, I think your import will be less expensive than hyperdrive anyway!

Tim

Tony's do price matching so if you get a good quote from hyper you can go back to Tony's and they will price match or even beat it!

Was curious too see what the actual price difference is between hyperdrive and tirerack. 235/35/19 PS4S

Tirerack $434 NZD Incl Gst + Shipping

Hyper $475 NZD Incl

Not worth the hassle in this case. 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, Jacko said:

Was curious too see what the actual price difference is between hyperdrive and tirerack. 235/35/19 PS4S

Tirerack $434 NZD Incl Gst + Shipping

Hyper $475 NZD Incl

Not worth the hassle in this case. 

It becomes more relevant and worthwhile when you need the bigger tyres or odd profiles I think such as 275/35/R20, as to buy new in NZ is circa $1,000.

Hyperdrive has the Pirelli P Zero PZ4 is this size listed at $1,229.99 !!

Even in the second-hand market, they're still asking for 100's of dollars for these kind of tyres.

A couple of examples...

CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 275/35/20 X2 NEAR NEW

• 6.5 tread, asking $570 per tyre

PIRELLI PZERO RFT 275/35/19 X2

• 4.5mm tread, asking $312 per tyre

Seems a bit extraordinary to me.

Edited by P3RMAFROST

Hi Mike, great to see you along here!  Looking forward to seeing this beast.

you might want to ‘follow’ the Wellington meetings room - that way you’ll get notifications of all upcoming events.  Tomorrow night - Thurs 2 August - 1830hrs at 1812 in Johnsonville is our next social night, if you’d like to meet up.

cheers

Richard

EDIT: Is Permafrost a ‘Magazine’ reference?

Edited by Olaf