Sign in to follow this  
Gabe79

E39 Fuel Injector servicing, good option?

Looks like it's a lot cheaper to get injectors serviced locally than buying them from the US.

Is that even a valid thing? Or should I just suck it up and buy from FCP Euro? Replace all six is my inclination.

Any opinions on http://www.injectortech.co.nz/ or http://www.nzefi.com/fuel-injector-servicing/ ?

Had InjectorTech do the six injectors on my S54; all done quickly with no hassle.

Heard much good about injectortech. They will replace all the o-rings and pintle caps and make sure the spray pattern etc is all correct. They are totally a serviceable item, no need to throw the old ones away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Heard much good about injectortech. They will replace all the o-rings and pintle caps and make sure the spray pattern etc is all correct. They are totally a serviceable item, no need to throw the old ones away.

I saw some refurbished ones from FCP euro which cost a bit more than getting mine refurbished. But then I never have to buy injectors again... but then it’s a lot cheaper to get them done local after shipping. Everything else in the car seems to be original, except for the bad lowering job... choice choices. 

Where i used to work about 10 yrs ago, we had a fuel injector service machine & ultra sonic bath.

At the time we charged $40 per injector which entailed:

Running them through the machine to flush/check operation, & compare each for flow rate, spray pattern, leak down. Then strip filter baskets, pintel caps & seals & run in ultra sonic bath.

New baskets, seals, pintel caps then rerun through the machine to recheck & compare for even pattern & flow rate.

Very rarely did we have to bin any.

I miss having access to that machine now.

1 hour ago, hotwire said:

Where i used to work about 10 yrs ago, we had a fuel injector service machine & ultra sonic bath.

At the time we charged $40 per injector which entailed:

Running them through the machine to flush/check operation, & compare each for flow rate, spray pattern, leak down. Then strip filter baskets, pintel caps & seals & run in ultra sonic bath.

New baskets, seals, pintel caps then rerun through the machine to recheck & compare for even pattern & flow rate.

Very rarely did we have to bin any.

I miss having access to that machine now.

That's pretty much the setup InjectorTech lists here: http://www.injectortech.co.nz/injector-services.htm