Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

E39 530i for $15k !

What looks to be a lovely example of a 530 which is no doubt a great great car, wanting offers around $15k though is dreaming. 134ks is ok but not earth shattering.

I would think 8 or 9k would top out, end of the day they can ask and good luck to them, but pass

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1639241048.htm

• Like 1

Heh. Was just looking at this. Moonbeams. It does look in top condition, but... some serious haggle room built in I guess. 

Still. Good luck to him. A rising tide and all that...

• Like 1

I just logged in to post this! I have one of those too, maybe I should sell for $10k! :)

Funny how some people think low km is special, @hqstu has dropped some coin on my old one but nearly double this things km and probably as tidy. And it isn't silver ? Still, nice to see a tidy well looked after example.

Silver and auto hah, was expecting it to be manual or something really special. 8k tops assuming no issues.  

I dont think the sellers actually think its worth 15k, a realistic offer on this is $5k to start and settle around $6-7k.

Sold my NZ new black msport 2002 sedan with 17x kms for 6k last year and it was as tidy if not tidier than this

• Like 2

It makes me laugh that people invite realistic offers but provide no indication what they view a realistic offer to be. That coupled with the sellers attitude would count me out.

Also interesting that they mention the bad pixels being an inexpensive fix yet they've not bothered doing on their "pride and joy".

Nice car yeah, but no thanks.

• Like 4

damn.. no popcorn/show for you nathan :okay-min:

looks like the admins have removed all the fun that was about to happen

• Like 2

It makes me laugh that people invite realistic offers but provide no indication what they view a realistic offer to be. That coupled with the sellers attitude would count me out.

Exactly

The replies from the seller - "Stick to things like old clothes tyres" have been all deleted.  These were in response to people giving him a hard time about his price.  But I am pretty keen to take it for a spin and offer him 4k just to see his reaction.  

It is a very nice example but yep he needs to halve the price! :) 

+pics for posterity

795231723.jpg

795232200.jpg

795232237.jpg

795232433.jpg

795232503.jpg

Edited by TermiPeteNZ

Wow.  E39's are worth nothing here in the US.  Seen them just as tidy going through the auctions for less than $4K.

Few M5's sneak in under $10K every now and then.  Though the NZD is shitting itself.

Blast - i was there today. That looks a good buy for 3k.

The lower the asking price the more dickheads low balling

Paid $7500 for our black one at 138000km 2 years ago. If it was a factory manual maybe . . . . . . . 

• Like 1