Sign in to follow this  
hooked

Tyre & rim swap z3 to z4

Hi all. Have just purchased 2003 3 litre z4 with 16 inch rims running 205 non run flats all round. Also own a 2000 z3 2 litre that has 17’s with 245’s rear and 225’s front. Was thinking of swapping these sets ie z4 to z3 and vice versa. I have trawled numerous forums and i cant find anything that would suggest its a bad idea. Most sites seem to say that the bolt pattern is the same so i am hoping it might work for me!!!

Can anyone help please. Thanks

It will work but I am not sure on those rear 245"s, there is a lot of room in there on the Z4, assuming it hasn't been dramatically lowered. We have 215's all round on 17's.  You can but try.

Thanks Don. I omitted to say i had a Z4 about 7 years ago. So second time around for me but last one was 2.5 motor so looking forward to the large one. That previous one had 18 inch 255’s on the rear so to be honest I wasnt thinking that they woudnt fit. I was more concerned that the z3 might be supposed to have the different sizes front and rear.  I appreciate your speedy response.

Thanks a lot Brent. I will do the swap with confidence now.

I love the 3.0L in my Z3. I test drove the 2.2 and they are great, but the bigger engine just has that feeling of effortless power.

pics? 

• Like 1