Sign in to follow this  
Mikan

E39 or e38 comfort seats

Looking for some comfort seats for my e39 touring. My wife is 34 weeks pregnant and the sports seats just aren't going to cut it anymore. Need something with less bolster and more lumbar. 

As I understand it, e39 or e38 seats will do, as long as they are from a post 2000 model (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). 

Prefer black, prefer wellington (or someone happy to ship) but just looking for a solution here!

• Like 1

Alternately, by the time you get them sourced, installed and sorted, the bairn will be breathing air, and your good wife will have deflated somewhat.  

Good on you for working hard to keep your wife happy during the beached whale/'just get it out of me' zone!

Olaf

• Like 1

Try to find a set of Contour seats :thumbs-up:

Use her pregnancy as an excuse to spend the extra, but hurry up! You don't have much time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikan said:

Looking for some comfort seats for my e39 touring. My wife is 34 weeks pregnant and the sports seats just aren't going to cut it anymore. Need something with less bolster and more lumbar. 

The sports seats in your car is one of the most comfortable sports seats imo! the leather is softer than any other and had more padding/cushion than most others. The sports seats in my E39 sedan were much harder leather and less padded despite being NZ new.

Comfort seats will be good though!

• Like 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/trade-me-motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/interior/auction-1638270103.htm

take the whole interior :)

No doubt e38 seats are better then E39s albeit almost the same. As long as the foam isn’t deformed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Allanw said:

Try to find a set of Contour seats :thumbs-up:

Use her pregnancy as an excuse to spend the extra, but hurry up! You don't have much time!

Ahh. The fabled contours! They sound wonderful, but rarely seen in the wild? 

5 hours ago, qube said:

The sports seats in your car is one of the most comfortable sports seats imo! the leather is softer than any other and had more padding/cushion than most others. The sports seats in my E39 sedan were much harder leather and less padded despite being NZ new.

Comfort seats will be good though!

Those sports seats are indeed wonderful. I am viewing this entirely as a temporary move. Partial, even, but I don't rate my chances of just getting a passenger seat. 

14 minutes ago, Breaker said:

Yeah, saw these. Would probably be perfect (if I lived in Auckland). 

• Like 1