Sign in to follow this  
Worksie

Damaged my E60 530d

Hi all, 

The continuing saga of my BMW, not only have I spent slightly more than the purchase price in repairs etc, I have now managed to hit a dog whilst travelling to work. Was doing 100 km/ph at the time, on rural roads, at 3am!

Unfortunately the dog died, a dark coloured Labrador. 

Damage to my car, that I know of, is to the left front of the car. Namely- fog light, lhand lower grille section, cracked lower bumper, paint damage/ cracking to bumper, broken engine under tray, and popped out bumper on left front.

After a wee bit of internet searching and stalking, I was able to get the dog owners name, as the son would not give me their name. Luckily for me, after a letter from my Insurance Company, the dog owner forwarded a claim to her Insurance Company, which has resulted in me not having to pay my excess etc.

The car is being repaired by Prestige Collision Repairs, in Hamilton, and I am due to get the car back on Monday.

What next........!!

Graeme

• Sad 2

Bad luck there, although better then hitting a rouge cow, no coming back from that at 3am either

Red cows do a sh*t load of damage ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Worksie in regards to your repair costs, did you get a MBI with your E60? That can make a huge difference to your ownership costs ... (but you can still spend plenty, just a lot less :) 

https://www.mtf.co.nz/mtf-products.html#mechanicalBreakdownInsurance

Jono is the man to talk to:

Jono White
027 224 4295
jono.white@mtf.co.nz

Sorry to hear about the incident with the dog :( very bad luck for all involved.

No, unfortunately I did not. I thought that being a NZ new car and an example sold and serviced by Coombes Johnston all the way through, it would be ok.

Touch wood, it is going well at the moment, just sailed thru another W.o.F. I am hoping I have a trouble free period with it for a while now.

Graeme