Sign in to follow this  
M5MAX

E39 M5 parts wanted

looking to buy kidney grills for facelift E39 M5 original ones please must be M5 ones or 540i as long as they are facelift., also looking to buy safety triangle for boot tool kit

Edited by M5MAX

Might be a dumb question, I don't know my E39's, but what's the difference between a M5 and say a 540 grill? Same part number is listed for all...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=DE92-EUR-12-2002-E39-BMW-M5&mg=51&sg=20&diagId=51_2258&q=51132497261&series=E39

Edited by M3AN

It appears M5's and 540's share same grille with chrome on the leading edge of the slats, the 530 for example is all black slats.  Be cautious of used grilles as the plastic tabs securing them are invariably brittle/broken, as was mine...  a new set from Schmiedmann is about NZD 225 landed.

DSC03416.JPG

• Like 2

Real OEM lists same part for 535 and up... maybe you can pick some up without ///M tax?

$225 OMFG!

17 minutes ago, M3AN said:

$225 OMFG!

Cheap mate... about NZD 250 landed from FCP Euro, 290 from ECS tuning, and a gabillion (probably, haven't tried, unjustified speculation) from BMW NZ... :)

Edited by hqstu
updated
  • Like 1

have not priced from NZ BMW, will ask but expect it be dearer than importing, and yes weary of seond hand ones that may have broken clips. in no rush as i dont mindthe black grills. not cheap to import from usa or europe.

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

Might be a dumb question, I don't know my E39's, but what's the difference between a M5 and say as 540 grill? Same part number is listed for all...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=DE92-EUR-12-2002-E39-BMW-M5&mg=51&sg=20&diagId=51_2258&q=51132497261&series=E39

yes yur correct, so anyone have these and want to sell PM me

I replaced the grilles on my 540i when I had the bonnet resprayed, got them from BMW and im sure they weren't that expensive, I have a vague recollection of maybe $80 each, although that might be just what I told my wife I paid! ;)

• Like 3