Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

98 Fuel Pricing

Curious if anyone has sat down and worked out the average price of 98 (it obviously varies a bit by location).

Is BP with the loyalty card cheaper than gull etc? 

I spend $300+ a week on 98, should really work out where I should fill up (unless someone already has done it)

Edited by Jacko

Using BP and Gull in the same sentence is blasphemy.

Oops - forgive me Lord, for now I have sinned as well...

(I have paid $2.46 yesterday at BP Pakuranga road. Botany BP is about 10c cheaper normally. )

I find Takanini is one of the cheapest places in Auckland, mobil on great south road Takanini had 98 at $2.27 on Tuesday.

Good discount on top of that with mobilcard account.

If you can be bothered to fill up in $40 increments at BP then AA smartfuel loyalty points is quite good. I either fill up $40 or fill up twice in one visit, BP me app makes it easy.

you accumulate 6c or 10c on some days per $40, so if you spend $300 a week thats approx 60c per litre of points you save up in 1 week. do that for a month and you get approximately $2.40 that can be used towards 50L fill up which is pretty much a full tank depending on how empty you are. that translates to a saving of approx $120 a month based on your usage.

Calculating it backwards, you would spend $300x4 = $1200 a month, less $120, which is 10% saving, so if you can fill up constantly at competitive fuel outlets for $2.50 (or whatever the current price is) less 10% then that means its cheaper at the competition.

Also, I would only compare BP with Mobil 98, not Gull.

• Like 2

I use Gull 98 and find it much cheaper.

I tried switching to BP 98 for a few tanks and noticed no difference except a lighter wallet.

This site lists the prices with real data. Just need to enter the captcha then select your region.

Most expensive for 98 in Auckland is $2.47, and cheapest is $2.08, so quite a difference.

http://www.pricewatch.co.nz/pricewatch.aspx

• Like 1

You all need an electric vehicle as a daily, then drive the gas guzzler for pleasure. Cost of petrol won't be an issue. :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

You all need an electric vehicle as a daily, then drive the gas guzzler for pleasure. Cost of petrol won't be an issue. :)

I dont want to lose my man card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, zero said:

I dont want to lose my man card.

You keep your man card, i will keep my $140 a week! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michael. said:

300 a week! How many kms are you averaging? 

Akl-Raglan-Akl daily - I pass BP & Gulls ;) 

6 hours ago, qube said:

If you can be bothered to fill up in $40 increments at BP then AA smartfuel loyalty points is quite good. I either fill up $40 or fill up twice in one visit, BP me app makes it easy.

you accumulate 6c or 10c on some days per $40, so if you spend $300 a week thats approx 60c per litre of points you save up in 1 week. do that for a month and you get approximately $2.40 that can be used towards 50L fill up which is pretty much a full tank depending on how empty you are. that translates to a saving of approx $120 a month based on your usage.

Calculating it backwards, you would spend $300x4 = $1200 a month, less $120, which is 10% saving, so if you can fill up constantly at competitive fuel outlets for $2.50 (or whatever the current price is) less 10% then that means its cheaper at the competition.

Also, I would only compare BP with Mobil 98, not Gull.

At the moment, I pay rent to BP, simply as good coffee :) Have had the AA card up to $1.8x, but that was just in an effort to see what happened if I got over the price of gas (do they pay you to fill up!?) Failed though.

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

At the moment, I pay rent to BP, simply as good coffee :) Have had the AA card up to $1.8x, but that was just in an effort to see what happened if I got over the price of gas (do they pay you to fill up!?) Failed though.

Ive been over the price of gas and it just stays in your account but then it expires. Not a good thing because it means you need to use your points prematurely or let it expire..