Sign in to follow this  
leonf

E46 M3 Touring clone

Ex HellBM build. This particular car has received a fair amount of love from this site in its build thread of a couple of years ago. So is quite well known around these parts.

Nice bit of kit that attracted 87 watchers and 4405 page views yet only 1 bidder at its first time on TradeMe.

Relisted again at original asking price. Makes me wonder what will be different this time around. I guess time in the market is never a bad thing, but the real estate people would tell us that these 'listings' can get stale and that anybody who was truly in the market would have seen the advertising and responded accordingly. Again..........1 bidder.

Group thoughts on value???

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=1644361303&cc=602&pid=788303371&hbc=&member_hash=&ct=title-link&tm=email&et=602&mt=729e11be-b8e5-4bcb-a7af-eacdc8acb2fd

M Touring.jpg

mtouring.jpg

The bid was on the mark. Surprised it was unsold. Concur with your comments on stale listings.

I was just talking to somebody about this very car the other day, including value. It's hard to price but I don't think it's worth $45k.

To be sure it's a special vehicle and by all accounts it's been done properly but I think HellBM sold it for much less than $45k and it can't possibly be worth $20k more than a coupe. It might have cost more than that to build when you factor in the donors and labour but cost, value and worth are all different things. I don't think the mods the owner has added amount to a significant increase in value.

I'd say $35k which is a $10k premium on a coupe but the market will be very, very limited so it's going to be a slow sell. If you want to sell it quickly you can't ask for more than a good condition coupe which will ultimately be the better vehicle.

If you really want a touring and have $45k to blow, you're probably better off looking at an RS4.

36 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I was just talking to somebody about this very car the other day, including value. It's hard to price but I don't think it's worth $45k.

To be sure it's a special vehicle and by all accounts it's been done properly but I think HellBM sold it for much less than $45k and it can't possibly be worth $20k more than a coupe. It might have cost more than that to build when you factor in the donors and labour but cost, value and worth are all different things. I don't think the mods the owner has added amount to a significant increase in value.

I'd say $35k which is a $10k premium on a coupe but the market will be very, very limited so it's going to be a slow sell. If you want to sell it quickly you can't ask for more than a good condition coupe which will ultimately be the better vehicle.

If you really want a touring and have $45k to blow, you're probably better off looking at an RS4.

Im pretty sure you mean E61 M5! ;)

• Like 6

Yep, missed a beat there didn't I @aja540i ;)

I'd certainly pick the M5 over the C63 every day of the year but there's no denying Audi got the Avante right. The RS4 is also quite a bit closer in size to the E46 than the M5 is.

Edited by M3AN

ok - full disclosure,,,,,,the 1 bidder for the M3 Touring was me. And a deal has been reached with Nathan (previous owner from Hamilton) and the M3 Touring will be making its way down the island to PalmNth in the next few weeks to take pride of place in the garage next to its little French brother.

Can't wait.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leonf said:

ok - full disclosure,,,,,,the 1 bidder for the M3 Touring was me. And a deal has been reached with Nathan (previous owner from Hamilton) and the M3 Touring will be making its way down the island to PalmNth in the next few weeks to take pride of place in the garage next to its little French brother.

Can't wait.....

Congrats! Keep us posted.